Joined: 14 Jun 2005
|Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:50 am Post subject: Webmaster newsletter - March 2006
|Hello OurChurch.Com webmasters,
Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter here in our forums. View this message on the web with color and graphics in our newsletter archives at:
IN THIS ISSUE
1) Say Goodbye to the Google Ads
2) "The Trend" is Your Friend
3) The Website You've Always Dreamed Of
4) Nine Reasons Your Church Website Should be a CMS
5) Maximize your Website's Impact for Easter
1) SAY GOODBYE TO THE GOOGLE ADS
Earlier this year OCC introduced its new, improved advertising services. Since then, God has blessed us with many new Christian advertisers. The revenue from these ads makes it possible for us to offer the free and affordable web hosting services with the outstanding, friendly support you have come to know and appreciate. It has also enabled us to completely remove all Google Ads from our site and the sites we host.
These Christian organizations provide outstanding products and services that will help you live out your Christian faith - Christian books, helpful resources for your church, opportunities to grow spiritually and extend God's love to others. Once you visit their sites, we believe you'll love what they have to offer. Please take a look at these organizations' websites. If you have an OCC-hosted website, prayerfully consider supporting the advertisers on your site and encouraging your visitors to do the same.
2) "THE TREND" IS YOUR FRIEND
On Feb. 22, OurChurch.Com introduced the Christian Web Trends Blog. This new blog, or web log, is an online journal we're using to help inform Christians about news and trends in communications technology and how to leverage that technology in their lives and ministries. If you want use technology to share God's love with others or to help your ministry be more effective but the fast pace of change and technical jargon leaves your head spinning, this blog is for you. We tackle one or two topics each week, and provide practical advice you can use right away. We also value your input and feedback, so read the articles and post your opinion and comments.
3) THE WEBSITE YOU'VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF
What does your dream website look like? It would have an attractive, unique design, wouldn't it? An easy-to-use online web builder? Include powerful interactive features like forums, newsletters, blogs, and maybe a shopping cart? The ability to delegate the updating of different sections of the site to different people? And it would be affordable, right?
OurChurch.Comís Custom CMS Express includes all of this and more. You select the design and features you want. OurChurch.Com will install an amazing, interactive CMS (Content Management System), configure it with the features you select, develop a unique design to your specifications, and train you over the phone. Custom CMS Express sites start as low as $798 and can be created in as little as five business days. Come see how you can have the website you've always dreamed of.
4) NINE REASONS YOUR CHURCH WEBSITE SHOULD BE A CMS
Since we introduced our new Custom CMS Express service, we've been talking a lot about the value of using a CMS (Content Management System) for a church website. If you're still a bit fuzzy on what a CMS is and what the practical benefits of a CMS are, here is a helpful article from our blog that breaks down nine benefits a CMS-based church site has over a typical church website.
5) MAXIMIZE YOUR WEBSITE'S IMPACT FOR EASTER
You know the statistics - Easter is the most attended church service. Lots of people who ordinarily don't attend church, do so for Easter. So, what are you doing with your church website to maximize this opportunity? Read the forum topic for some ideas and post your own ideas to help others.
Thanks for hosting your website at OurChurch.Com. Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter here in our forums.
In His Service,
OCC Quick Links
- OurChurch.Com homepage - http://www.ourchurch.com
- Website hosting - http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/
- Custom website designs - http://www.ourchurch.com/design/
- Marketing services - http://marketing.ourchurch.com
- Partner/Affiliate program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
- Christian Search - http://www.ourchurch.com/search/
- Daily scripture - http://www.e-dification.com
- OCC message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
- OCC status board - http://status.ourchurch.com
- OCC help pages - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/
- OCC help desk - http://www.ourchurch.com/support/
OCC's NEWEST ADVERTISERS
- Iraqi Children's Fund - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1021
- Christian Leadership University - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1007
- The Man of Her Heart, the Woman of His - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1018
- My Bible Study - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1017
- The Divinci Code: A Quest for Answers - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1020
- Experience Mission - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1008
- Faith Clipart - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1009
- Christian Singles Dating - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1012
- Christian Love Network - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1013
- Free Avian Flu E-book - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1016
- Rapid Deployment Kits - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1022
FEBRUARY AWARD-WINNING WEBSITES
- Marilyn's Inspirational Poetry - http://www.marilynspoetry.com/
- From My Heart - http://www.frommyheart.org/
- Conyers Church of God - http://www.conyerscog.org/
- In His Footsteps - http://www.ourchurch.com/member/r/Road_Home/
Info on PowerPoints Challenge - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/help-powerpoints.php
"Easter is the most attended church service of the year. So, what are you doing to maximize this opportunity?" - pdstein
Sound off on our message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
BEACON TIP O' THE MONTH
To take your website beyond Beacon to the next level, consider a Content Management System (CMS) such as our Custom CMS Express.
WEBSITE SPOTLIGHT: Cat Hair Media - http://www.CatHairMedia.com
Cat Hair Media is a full-service music recording, production, and marketing company. Their experienced staff record, produce, and market CDs across a broad range of musical genres. Their website was designed by OurChurch.Com with a cutting-edge, custom design integrated into a full-featured CMS (content management system). The site features a pay-per-download TuneShop that allows visitors to purchase the music of Cat Hair Media's clients online.