Joined: 14 Jun 2005
|Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55 pm Post subject: Easter, the Christian March Madness - March 2011 Newsletter
|View this newsletter in your browser:
Hello OurChurch.Com webmasters,
The NCAA basketball tournament is in full swing. I don't watch much basketball, but there is something about the drama of "March Madness" that's irresistible to me... the dynasties, the underdogs, the personal stories, the dreams... and often the difference between heartbreak and a dream come true is just an inch or two on a last second shot.
Christian ministry has its own "March Madness" - preparing for Easter. Many Christians are doing all they can to invite their friends to Easter services, and many churches are doing all they can to clearly communicate the gospel through those services.
With the stakes so high, it's important that your website be helping not hindering your efforts. The weeks before Easter are a time when you should thoroughly review your website, remove old unneeded content, and perhaps give it a fresh new look or some added functionality.
Check out all the good stuff in this month's newsletter that can help you rise above the "March Madness."
In His Service,
IN THIS ISSUE
1) Just Hours Left to Save 25% on Everything!
2) Need Help with Social Media? We Can Do That.
3) Blog: 5 Reasons Churches Should Use Social Media
4) Score a $100 Gift Card
5) Funny Video: Tim Hawkins on Hand Sanitizer
7) Win $50 in the Bug of the Month Contest
1) JUST HOURS LEFT TO SAVE 25% ON EVERYTHING
This month we've been celebrating college basketball's March Madness with a series of 2-day, March Madness sales. This week's sale is the biggest and best of them all. Save 25% on everything. Custom web design, hosting, search marketing, advertising - it's all 25% off. But only until 11:59 PM Eastern tonight (Thursday 3/24). So, beat the buzzer and order now!
2) NEED HELP WITH SOCIAL MEDIA? WE CAN DO THAT.
Social media sites like Facebook and Twitter are great tools for connecting and engaging with people. It's not hard at all to get started, but it can be difficult to use them effectively. So, OurChurch.Com has launched a new service to help.
With our 50 Point Social Media Review, we'll review the website, blog, Facebook, and Twitter profiles for your organization in 50 areas and show you what you're doing well and where you can improve. We'll provide you with specific recommendations and discuss them with you over the phone. Then we'll check back with you a month later to see how you're doing.
If you'd like a social media pro to look over your shoulder and give you professional advice that will make a difference, this is for you. And like all our services, it's 25% off until 11:59 PM tonight.
3) BLOG UPDATE - 5 Reasons Churches Should Use Social Media
If your church is still on the fence about using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or other social media tools to communicate with those in your church and those in your community, here are 5 compelling reasons.
1. Gets news/info to people who use social media. People miss church, they donít pay attention to announcements, they donít read newsletters, and some donít check email. For some Facebook or Twitter users, the best way to let them know about whatís going on in your church may be through social media.
Other recent articles:
- 7 Ways to Engage with People on Your Church Facebook Page
- Social Media for Pastors and Church Planters Webinar Video, Slides and Resources
- QR Codes: 10 Ways Churches Can Use Them
4) SCORE A $100 GIFT CARD!
Church . org and OurChurch.Com have teamed up to give away a $100 American Express Gift Card, which is as good as cash anywhere AMEX is accepted. In addition to that, church . org can help your church connect with people who are looking for a church. To find out more about both church . org and the $100 gift card go to:
5) FUNNY VIDEO: TIM HAWKINS ON HAND SANITIZER
Christian stand-up comedian Tim Hawkins has a funny bit on the use of hand sanitizer in churches. Take a look, and feel free to share it with your friends & embed it in your website.
6) WIN $50 IN THE BUG OF THE MONTH CONTEST
To make everyone's experience on the OurChurch.Com website even better, we've giving away $50 every month to someone who reports a misspelling, grammatical error, dead link, or other problem in a "Bug of the Month" contest. Each bug you report will give you an entry into a monthly drawing we'll do for $50 towards OCC services. The more bugs you report, the better your chances to win. Thanks & congrats to this month's winner: Tim Miller.
Thanks for hosting your website at OurChurch.Com. Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter here in our forums.
OCC Quick Links
- OurChurch.Com homepage - http://www.ourchurch.com
- Website hosting - http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/
- Custom website designs - http://www.ourchurch.com/design/
- Marketing services - http://marketing.ourchurch.com
- Advertising - http://www.ourchurch.com/advertising/
My OCC Sites
- Available in email version only
My OCC Search Listings
- Available in email version only
"Please, read what wonderful things God has done in my life, in a very short time period... Jan 13th, 2011, I was diagnosed with skin cancer and operated on then and there. That same day lumps in one breast were observed..." - ferryman
Sound off on our message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com/viewtopic.php?t=6558
Are the weeks leading up to Easter "madness" for you?
- Yes, it`s crazy!
- Life get`s a little busy but not too bad.
- Nope, all is calm around here.
NE1 TIP O' THE MONTH
If your organization is using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or any other social media site, include icons linking to your profiles in the sidebar of your site, so they're visible on every page.
WEBSITE SPOTLIGHT: Trinity Ticket Solutions - http://www.trinityticketsolutions.com
Trinity Ticket Solutions is owned by a very loyal client of ours. He had previously purchased 2 Custom CMS Pro packages from us back in 2009. One of them was an e-commerce website. He sold Christian t-shirts. About two weeks ago, the owner decided to give his website a ďtotal overhaulĒ. Instead of purchasing a brand new site with us, he decided to just change the name, design and content of his existing site and make it a Ticketing Solution website instead. He purchased a pre-made template, in which OurChurch.Com personalized for him and he also purchased Search Marketing services for the new company. Since there was a name change, he also purchased a brand new domain name. Since he was using our Custom CMS package - http://www.ourchurch.com/design/, he was able to create all of the new content himself. Now he has a brand new website!
He basically saved himself thousands of dollars by recycling his old website. Now thatís smart!
- Sandy Ridge Alliance Church - http://www.sandyridgealliancechurch.net/†
- Narrow Path Westerfield Family Farms - http://www.westerfieldfamilyfarms.com/†
- Windy Ridge Trapper - http://www.windyridgetrapper.com/†
- Robinson AME Church - http://www.robinsonsamec.org/†
Info on PowerPoints Challenge - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/help-powerpoints.php