MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grrrrrrr-----Graphics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T_smith05

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Grrrrrrr-----Graphics Reply with quote

Hello!

This is my VERY time working at this website thing! I am loving it. I just have a question. Maybe I have overlooked the answers, Embarassed but could you please explain these?

I have uploaded graphics, but they are too big. how do I make them smaller? I have several to put on, but I want to make sure I get it right before I proceed.

I enjoy reading the letters online, and feel this is really a blessing! Very Happy
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi T_smith05,

Welcome to OurChurch.Com. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your new website so much. Graphics that are too big is a common problem. Here's what you can do:

What ever size the graphic is when you upload it, that is the size it is displayed. It can't be changed on our server. What you can do is resize the graphic using graphics software on your computer.

If you use Windows, it comes with MS Paint. You can start Paint by clicking the Start button -> select Programs -> Accessories -> Paint. Once you have Paint started, here are instructions for resizing a graphic.

Under the File menu select Open to open the graphic you wish to resize.
Under the images menu, select Atributes option. Note the width of the graphic.
Next determine what width you want to resize the graphic to. The width of the body of your webpage is 468. So, if you want the graphic to fill the width of the page, you want 468. If you want half the width, 234. You can choose any width between 0 and 468.
Calculate the percent for resizing. 100 x (desired width) divided by width noted using the attributes option. For example, if you want the graphic to be full width (468) and the width in the attributes is 640: 100 x 468 / 640 = 73.
Under the Image menu select Stretch/Skew. In the window that follows, type in the percent for resizing in the box for horizontal and vertical. Then click OK.
Under the File menu select the Save As option to save the graphic under a different name. (It's always best to keep the original and not save over it.) If your graphic is a picture, be sure for the "Save as type" option to select JPEG. If your graphic is mostly text, be sure for the "Save as type" option to select GIF.
Once you have a resized graphic, you can upload it using the "Upload Graphics" function and use it instead of the overly-large version of the graphic. Please also remove the overly-large version from our server. You can do that using the "delete" button in the Upload Graphics feature.

You can find info like this as well as a lot of other helpful tips at our help pages at:

http://www.ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=21

And, of course, we are always happy to help here or on the help desk! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: