MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell us about schools using the web in innovative ways!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Tell us about schools using the web in innovative ways! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

September is Back to School Month at OurChurch.Com. As a part of that we want to encourage teachers and schools to communicate more effectively using the Internet. One way to do that is to talk about teachers and schools who are using the web in innovative ways so more people hear about what they're doing and can perhaps do something similar.

To do this, we need your help!

If you know of a teacher or school that is doing something innovative online that has had a positive impact, post a message about it here in this forum topic.

If we like what they're doing, we'll write a blog article about them in our Christian Web Trends blog.

If you're a principal, administrator, teacher, parent, or student, this is a great opportunity to get some free publicity for your school if it's doing some great stuff online.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
DBurk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I think I am that original and I am sure this is done a lot of places, and if not better, but thought I would share.

For my 3rd Grade Class I use a lot of tools to keep their attention.

My class have their own Wiki
My class use VoiceThread
My class use Animoto
My class has in the past blogged (I usually don't start that until 2nd trimester)
My class do a lot project based activities. I have them create things
I post all the assignments online for parents to be able to view, but also post any handouts so if the student forgot them they can redownload them.
We also used Podcasts to practice public speaking and reading our stories.
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBurk, sounds like great stuff. Would you be up for writing a guest blog article explaining all the things you're doing with your class online?

If so here's a link with more info:
http://blog.ourchurch.com/become-a-guest-blogger/

Because there's only a week left in "Back to School Month" I would need you to write it by the 10/29 at the very latest (the sooner the better though.)

What do you think?

- Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> OCC Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: