MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Template Editor Added to NE1 Web Builder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> OurChurch.Com Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: New Template Editor Added to NE1 Web Builder Reply with quote

View this announcement in your web browser:
http://www.ourchurch.com/news/news-2009-02-17.php

Hi OCC News Subscriber,

OurChurch.Com has added a new Template Editor feature to the NE1 Web Builder. The template editor enables NE1 users to change background, font, and link colors, replace some template images with their own, and customize some text and HTML that was previously fixed in the template.

One of the biggest benefits of the template editor is the capability to change what is displayed in a website's sidebar. The sidebar is the narrow column often below the menu on the left or right of a website. Previously the content in a template’s sidebar was fixed – usually just the news module or blank. Now users can customize the sidebar content with text, images, links, or modules.

A 6-minute video has been created to show the capabilities of the template editor and walk users through the process of editing a template.
http://www.ourchurch.com/help/help-graphics-templates-editor-video.php

A few things to note about the template editor…

1) Not all NE1 templates are editable. In fact only a few editable templates are available at this time. We hope each month to convert 5-10 existing, uneditable templates into editable templates.

2) To edit a template, you must first import an editable template from the gallery. A new "Editable Templates" template category has been added to the gallery to make them easy to find.

3) Not all colors and graphics in a template can be customized with the template editor. To do that would have resulted in 20-40 settings per template, which would have made the template editor to confusing and complicated to use. We tried to keep it fairly simple and intuitive to use with 8-12 editable settings per template.

4) Not all templates have the same editable settings. Different templates have different colors and images that can be personalized.

Give it a try and let us know what you think. Post your comments, suggestions, and questions here in our forums.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck, CEO
OurChurch.Com

Last edited by pdstein on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
MHG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I created a ticket for this and another but never received confirmation - so am posting here.

I have Harvest editable temp.
the spell check seems to not work - it says:

Please specify: spellchecker_rpc_url

Then-
people online ??? may not work.

Your ticket has been created. An email has been sent to you containing the ticket information. If you would like to view your ticket and/or attach files you can do so: 499AF1EE

no email was sent

Thanks
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sheri,

We had a problem with Yahoo Mail last week where they were preventing us from sending email to any of their users. I believe it's been resolved now, but that's why you didn't receive the ticket created notice.

>>the spell check seems to not work

I see what you mean. I'll pass that along to our developers.

>>people online ??? may not work

Where are you seeing that message?

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Lordshipchurch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Editing a template... Reply with quote

I changed some colors on the worship template I am using.
It looks fine, but I wanted to go back to the original colors, so I hit restore default and nothing happened.
So I deleted the template and re-imported it.
However, the changes I made were still there.
So I can not get back to the original colors on the template.
I'm fine with the way it looks now, but thought you would want to know.

Thanks for all you're doing.
Sally
Lordshipchurch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my website is: thelordshipchurch.org

Sally
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> OurChurch.Com Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: