MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request Your Free Professional Web Design Critique
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Main Forum Page -> OurChurch.Com Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Request Your Free Professional Web Design Critique Reply with quote

View this announcement in your web browser:
http://www.ourchurch.com/news/news-2009-02-03.php

Hi OCC News Subscriber,

OurChurch.Com will be providing free critiques of Christian websites throughout the month of February in an effort to help Christian organizations improve the quality of their websites.

The critiques will include feedback on a number of aspects of each site including site architecture, page layout, color palette, use of images and media, and overall user experience.

Critiques will be posted on the Christian Web Trends Blog beginning Thursday Feb. 5. Critiques will also be posted in several website critique forums around the web in an effort to solicit additional feedback (and draw additional visitors to the reviewed site).

Additionally, OurChurch.Com will give 20% off any OurChurch.Com Website Services (up to a $50 max) to each organization selected.

All types of Christian organizations are welcome to request a critique including churches, schools, ministries, and businesses. And all types of websites will be considered including sites created with an online web builder, web design software like Dreamweaver, Flash sites, “hand coded” HTML sites, and content management systems.

To request your free professional web design critique, please post a reply to this forum topic and include the information listed below.

Beyond the direct benefit to the organizations whose sites are critiqued, the broader goal is to raise awareness of important principles of good website design so all Christian organizations improve the design of their websites. So, even if your site is not one of those that gets reviewed, we encourage you to read the critiques, glean those important design principles, and apply them to your own website.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck, CEO
OurChurch.Com

===========================

When requesting a critique, please include the following information:

- Name of your organization
- URL
- Purpose of your organization
- Purpose of your website
- Describe your target audience

Last edited by pdstein on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
OurGodReigns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

We'd like a critiique!

H.E.A.R.T., Inc.
www.aheart4homeschooling.com
homeschool support organization
to offer info regarding our support group to members and prospective members

I understand that some of our things in the menu are out of order, however, I've tried many times to change them by using the move up or down button and they don't seem to move.

Also, I've followed the instructions to trying to password our website - other than just the forum and it doesn't seem to work, so that's another issue. We'd like to have one password that sets apart a blog, forum, and chat room. The chat room is part of the phhp message forum that we already have, but I can't seem to get it on. Our colors are blue/black. I'm afraid to look at any other templates for fear of losing info, since I lost info when we switched from beacon to NE1.

Also, if you google heart homeschooling and ocala, fl - you still get our not-up-to-date old website we had through beacon - how do we get that off?
The_Point

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: I Would Be Interested In Hearing Reply with quote

About our website also. Anthing we can do to improve it is a plus. I know one of the things I would like is to some how respond with a friendly response of some kind to each visitor. Is there a way to capture that information?

http://www.pointofworship.com
bradbuesing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Free review of website Reply with quote

We are Abiding Peace Commnity Church www.abidingpeace.net. Please contact me by email or cell. Brad Buesing
Linda_Schilling

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: website critique Reply with quote

I'd like a critique of our site.

www.firstbaptistdawsonville.com

church website with the dual purpose of communication with church members as well as attracting new people to our church
Wayne_Baker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Website Critique Reply with quote

I would like to have a critique of my website - www.cookingisfunandeasy.ca. The purpose of my business is to show people that take-out and fast food aren't the only or best options for busy people. Christians like everyone else are very busy people but not taking care of their health by eating unhealthy food when there are better options available. Christians are always saying that we need to be good stewards of the money God entrusts us with. I believe that goes with our health, he expects us to do whatever we can to keep our health as best we can and eating unhealthy food isn't a good thing.
builderofthespirit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like a free critique of our site.
Builder of the Spirit Ministries
www.builderofthespirit.org
The ministry is a worldwide book distritution ministry to the world's poor.
Purpose of the site is to bless readers and educate them.
A target audience would be all Christians.
WCC1800

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like a critique of our website. Any help in improving the site and it's message would be appreciated. We are:

The Wilson Community Church

www.wilsoncommunitychurch.com

We set up our website with several purposes in mind. We believe it is a valuable medium to communicate and interact with our members, a way to keep in contact with shut-ins and members traveling, and another way to get the message of the Gospel out to those with no church home. We therefore target our present members and new members.

Thanks,

Jim Ford
donbarton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Free Critique Reply with quote

- Canterbury Baptist Church; Melbourne, Australia
- www.canterburybaptist.org
- Purpose of your organization: Equip believers for God's work
- Purpose of your website: Attract & reach non-believers; inform church members
- Describe your target audience:1. People looking for spiritual answers; 2. People looking for a spiritual home; 3. our church membersChurch members
Joe_Hebert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Website critique Reply with quote

I would like a critique of my website, www.staffandsling.com. Thank you.
count-your-blessings
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Critique Reply with quote

Oh, I need critique in hopes that our site would in some way give glory to God, be a blessing to visitors, easy to use/navigate, visually pleasing with good content.

Our goals are below... but each day we stumble and fail our Lord but we KNOW we are not to give up, regardless of our mistakes. Each day is new and full of hope so we want others to know that the Lord loves and forgives, through His Son, no matter what the devil reminds us of. (Which reminds me of this part of a song I love: When I said I was saved, I didn't say perfect... though His tender love is no license to sin... He's leading me on and I know I can make it - I'm not where I'm headed, but I'm not where I've been. You can get down on me, but don't get down on JESUS)!

- Name of your organization/website
- Narrow Path Westerfield Family Farms

- URL
- http://www.westerfieldfamilyfarms.com

- to try and remember the Lord daily... to keep His Word in our heart and try to encourage others and touch others for Him.
- raise quality foundation quarter horses.

- to try and bless those who may visit our site through Scripture and poems and writings inspired by the Lord.
- display pictures and pedigrees of horses available.

- Describe your target audience
- those who love the Lord; are looking for encouragement (poems, writings, scripture, devotional etc), have an interest in horses.
- plant a seed for those who may not know the Lord.
summerdalecoc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Critique, please! Reply with quote

I would appreciate a critique! My main concern is the way our site looks on different operating systems. I edit the site on my MAC & have everything looking pretty much the way I want it to. However, there are times when I view it on a Windows system & it looks different.

http://www.summerdalechurch.org

Summerdale church of Christ

A web site for our members & visitors to receive updates, listen to sermons, view photo galleries of church events and much more.

Last edited by summerdalecoc on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
bambieyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Thank you in advance Reply with quote

I'd love a review of my site.... www.ChristianAssetRetrieval.org
The main two ministries of this are rare...one is Bible Runners. We do bible drives of 'Used bibles' to send with missionaries overseas. The other is finding lost or misplaced money on the web for Christians and their ministries/businesses. We have freely found $thousands$ for thousands of folks.
DBurk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: I need prrof that we need to do better on our website Reply with quote

When requesting a critique, please include the following information:

- Name of your organization
- URL
- Describe your target audienceW

Grace Lutheran Church and School
http://www.gracelancaster.org
We are a Church and Prek-8th School
Information (I would like to make it more engaging)
Church - Older
School - Potential families.
Revival-2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Would like a review - Thanks Reply with quote

I too would appreciate a critique!
Jack Myers Ministries
We are a Missionary, Evangelistic association.
We desire to be cutting edge, yet simple in our website.
Our target is to reach all age groups.
www.jackmyersministries.com
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Main Forum Page -> OurChurch.Com Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: