MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you doing for Internet Evangelism Day?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> General Internet, Computer, and Communication Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: What are you doing for Internet Evangelism Day? Reply with quote

Hi guys and gals,

In conjunction with Internet Evangelism and Outreach Month, we thought it would be great if we could discuss ideas for Internet Evangelism Day

If you're not familiar with IED, it's not the one day a year Christians share their faith online, but it's a day to educate people in your organization about opportunities to share their faith online and to plan ways your church or ministry can better use the Internet for outreach.

- Is your organization doing anything for IED?

- Do you have any ideas for activities that could be done for IED?

- What questions do you have about IED?

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

Last edited by pdstein on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ferryman
MVP Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brother Paul,

Good subject!

I started my first website 11 years ago, as the Lord showed me the unlimited opportunities the Internet provides.

I closed my private Counseling practice, because I wanted to reach more people for Christ with providing free internet counseling.

First I got my domain name and created a website from scratch. (fun..hmmm)
I started out simple, with posting my testimony and when I got more and more counseling requests, I began to write articles which presented Biblical solutions to many common human problems.

Now I have 6 websites, 2 mirror sites and a Blog. God is sending people in need from all sides of this globe, over 160 countries.

What I have learned fast is to have a page which clearly states how to receive Salvation in Christ, a page with a personal testimony, and perhaps testimonies from others (with permission).

And if one cannot write, see if there are writings which can be posted with permission of the author. Good Christian links with specific Ministries, i.e. Youth, Marriage, Conference, Counseling etc. are important as well.

Besides the testimony of the Webmaster/Owner it is always nice to read an introduction page, so the visitor can see that there is a REAL person behind the website. Adding pictures, graphics and music is cream on the cake. REALLY!

Another page/link which one needs, is a contact address or form, preferable on the main page.
There are always people who have questions, or don't understand the detail of your post.
A Guestbook is beneficial as well, and a counter so you can see the progress, and be encouraged by. Regularly updating your website with new pages, pictures, events etc. will make your visitors return and pass on your website on to others.

I remember seeing the counter go from 8 to 25 to 60 per day in the first few month. I thought... where do these visitors come from... Very Happy ... Now I get 12.000 to 15.000 unique visitors per month.

I meet many people on the internet, who contact me and are open about their problems because they can stay anonymous. Staying anonymous is very beneficial for many of my clients. I don't need to know their real name or address. Some of them write me issues they have never talked about to anyone else. They know me from the info on my website, which is important for them.

In order to reach the WWW surfers the webmasters should make sure that the Search engines can find their website.
The Title of the website should be catching and reflect the contents of the whole of the website. A short description and the keywords covering the contents and/or the particular Mininstry which should be all added in the website codes, is called MEGA TAGS.

Since the TAGS are in the codes, nobody can read this on your actual website, except the Search engines who will then place your site in categories and subcategories. I won't go in technical detail here.

Now... all is fine and well... you may think, but your website is nowhere to be found UNLESS the URL (website address, http://www.mysite.com) has been entered in the Search engines, such as Yahoo, Google.com, OCC.com, and many others.

Having entered your site in the search engines is very important if you have set up your website as suggested above. If someone is looking for information and types in the Search ... alcohol addiction... or... Christian Sport team... and you have these words in your META TAGS codes. The Search engine will find you and your website will come up with many other sites with the same keywords.

I have done all the hard work myself, but I know that OCC has all these services available to its members. If whatever I wrote sounds like "algebra" to you, you may need help... LOL. Rolling Eyes
Nevertheless, I have mentioned here things which are all important to get your website out and reach people for Christ.

I hope the above has been helpful to you, the reader.

I encourage you to be a Light in the dark days we are living in.

Do not underestimate your ability to be used of God, because God really does not need your ability or capability... He needs your AVAILIBILITY! He will do the rest!

May the Lord bless you all. Bless You

In the service of Christ and for His Glory.
Dr. Trudy Veerman

http://soothingpoeticpages.com

http://trudyveerman.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/dr.trudyveerman

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/g/God-Truth/

Abiding in God takes more than being saved, it involves commitment to God's word and acting upon it.
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dr. Trudy,

Thanks for sharing your story. It's a great example of how to build from scratch an online ministry that leads people to Christ. And you offer a lot of great advice! Keep up the good work!

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all my brothers and sister in Christ.

I have chosen to reach the lost through the Internet, With all the best free Information.

For winning the lost to Christ. Soul-Winner

Free Bible Download KJV,

Verse of the Day,

Answers to many Bible Question,

Many Links to other free Information. Free Dictionary, find a church near you, a many other topic for spiritual growth.

I am non for profit I do not have anything for sale, I do not accept Donation or Have any Sponsors who pay to advertise their Site.

If you offers of Free Services and Only Free.

And would like to Post them on my website send it to me.

Through the Comment or Guest page on my website. http://thegloryland.com

Note: Must be approved by my self and not all will be guarantee to be posted.

If I think it will be a blessing to Others, I will post it for free.

Also I am a King James Version Website, and I am Independent Fundamental Baptist.

Your friend with the glory land. Bible
"Follow me to The Glory Land"

http://thegloryland.com
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what if anything did you do Sunday for Internet Evangelism Day?

Did your church or ministry do anything?

- Paul
Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Glory Land Ministry

Is trying to reach the lost by giving out Business cards out and leaving them were people can take them.

The Cards has all my Info" Idea

The Glory Land
Free Bible Downlaod
Christian search
Daily verse
Spiritual growth
Bible search
Bible questions answer by men of God

Visit: http://thegloryland.com

Here is a website where you can get Business Card Real Cheap and delivered to you home. I got 500 cards for under $15 delivered

www vistaprint com
"Follow me to The Glory Land"

http://thegloryland.com
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good TheGloryLand.

Anyone else do anything for Internet Evangelism Day?
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Internet Evangelism Day 2009. What are you doing for IED this year?

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> General Internet, Computer, and Communication Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: