MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal Internet evangelism strategies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> General Internet, Computer, and Communication Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Personal Internet evangelism strategies Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

In conjunction with Internet Evangelism and Outreach Month, we thought it would be great if we could learn from each other how to better share your faith online.

- Have you had spiritual conversations online?
- Have you ever led someone to Christ online?
- What worked?
- What didnít work?
- What questions do you have about personal online evangelism?

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

Last edited by pdstein on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello edstein,

This is what I am here for to share my Faith, and to Evangelize the Gospel of our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ . Bible

Where would you like me to start at with my input, Here ?

Let me know, your friend with the glory land. Bless You
"Follow me to The Glory Land"

http://thegloryland.com
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Thegloryland, here.
Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you pdstein,

I believe the job of every Christian after he or she receive Christ as their personal saviour, young or old should know how to lead someone to the Lord.

Do and Do Not"

Do not push your church as #1. Rolling Eyes

Do not tell them that they are going to the wrong Church. Rolling Eyes

Do not talk about Church traditions.

Note: you are there to lead some one to the Lord" Not your Church Shocked If they decide to visit later praise God.

Do not let them change the subject.

Example,

I attend so or so Church"

Where do you work" Confused

How many children you have Question

There will be distraction too watch out for: Mad

phone ringing, children walking in to the conversation. Crying or Very sad

You must remember the Devil do not want them to hear the gospel. Shocked

Do not talk about Baptism at this point or about serving in the church. Rolling Eyes

Be firm but not rude, if it is dinner time or that person can not listen then" arrange a appointment for another time. Cool

Pray before you head out to serve. And let the holy Spirit take charge. Amen

You must not be getting paid $ for witnessing. Embarassed

You must reach all TYPES OF PEOPLE WHITE, BLACK,AND ALL OTHERS. Rolling Eyes

You must have a good testimony, If you do not why should I listen to you. Shocked

Learn the Romans road to Christ or the main verses.

The Romans Road to Christ" Lead someone to Christ Today.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

We hear Jesus say, "God so loved the world." God's love has no limitations. He loves "so". More than we can imagine. He loves everyone - not just some ones.

Romans 5:8 tells us that God loved us so that "when we were in our sin Christ Jesus came to die for us."

Romans 3:23
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

This verse tells us that all people have sinned. We have fallen short of God's intended purpose for us. God made us to know Him.... to receive His love and to love him in return.

For love to be love... for God to be God... and for humans to be humans.... God gave us a choice. We can choose to love ourselves and turn to our selfish pursuits. That is sin. In our sin we cannot know God and His love. The result of sin is that we are lost... separated from God.

Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Second Corinthians 5:21 says, "He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we may be made the righteousness of God through Him."

Jesus arose from the grave to conquer sin and death for all who receive Him as God's free gift.

How can you receive God's free gift of love and life?

Romans 10:9-10
"that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

I hope this was some help to you and others

I have not yet received a person telling me that he or she eccepted Christ from my website yet but the Lord knows.

If one person get SAVED from my Page or website it will be well worth all the money I spended and all my time. Amen

Your friend with the glory land. Bible

Christian-Commando
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Evangelism as a Milk Drinker in Christ Reply with quote

My advice is not to be so concerned with all thats been mentioned. Fact is, most new born's in christ will ask, "how do you do that,? How do you start conversations about your new found faith and belief?

Thus, the major focal point for new born's in christ, is just as the apostles were lead by God to do it.

1- Have designated people for sharing the Gospel. Have other designated people to Disciple new converts. Have more advanced believers to help Teach good God guided growth patterns of reading and learning God's Word for personal relationship growth in God.

Fact is, these and more aspects are most important. All god's children are called to share the Gospel, but as seen in the apostles examples, there are needs for instruction and tutoring God's youngest to develope from milk drinkers into meat eaters in Christ.

The points you mentioned theGloryLand are important, but not so much at a new born's beginnings for being trained to learn how to share the gospel. Thier concerns are more on how to do it- (share by breaking it into the conversation or starting one on it).

One of the first moves our Old Home Church did with my prompting of our Youth Pastor was to Mentor older Christians for how to Teach the younger ones, as according to the Gifted area each chosen Leader was. This helped young Christians, youth and children's Ministries out tremendously.

Our Youth Pastor, like me, was also geared for Evangelism. So, between the two of us, God set up and instilled a profitable Teaching and Tutoring and Mentoring System for helping Christians at all levels learn in many ways more aspects needed to further thier relationship with God, as well as ability to serve God.

Babys learn first how to roll around and crawl on thier bellies, then up on hands and knees, then start standing, eventually to step then wobble and walk. Same goes for babes in christ who need to learn and be taught to be raised up correctly.

God Bless!!
Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and good morning Christian-Commando,

You said,
God set up and instilled a profitable Teaching and Tutoring and Mentoring System for helping Christians at all levels learn in many ways more aspects needed to further thier relationship with God, as well as ability to serve God.

Babys learn first how to roll around and crawl on thier bellies, then up on hands and knees, then start standing, eventually to step then wobble and walk. Same goes for babes in christ who need to learn and be taught to be raised up correctly.

This is correct but remember people are not robots. Some will receive special talents YOU and I DO NOT HAVE.

The post I mention are just something that are left out during training.

Most Inportant is that Christ get all the glory.

Not Man Exclamation

your friend with the glory land.

Outcast773

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Be Patient. Reply with quote

Hi All. Very Happy

I have found that if you just go into a chat room and start trying to push to get people saved most will not listen. Rolling Eyes

One must earn the right to speak.

In other words be patient,
either open a chat room or forum, and pray that God will lead you to the right person(s) or inter into a room and interact with them and build trust, then move into witnessing. Never just go in and start preaching Exclamation

And Yes I agree with Thegloryland, it is very impotent to know the Romans road to Christ, or have a plan of action of some sort for answering their questions. Question

Remember, even online U can show Christ in how you interact with others, with out looking or sounding too religious. It's not a religion we are promoting, it's a relationship with Jesus Christ. Wink

Your in Christ, Out~Cast Cool
Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and very well said Outcast773,

I see that your are New here" ? Cool

Welcome aboard, My friend and excellent start. Bless You

I will remember your advice. Very Happy

Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all who read this post,

We need to get back to good old Soul Winning" Wink

At the Church were I am a member. We have every Monday evening visitation were we go visit people that visit the Church and fill out a card of first time visitor.

This will give them a chance to know us better and us a chance to see were they happy with the Church. If they are Saved, Baptist, or to share the gospel with them.

Many time we receive a warm welcome. Sometime the timing is bad, because we normally do not call to let them know were coming out. or they are having supper or just got home from work.

Many time they are just happy to see that someone cares.

So next time your church have a visitation remember you can make a difference if you join the Lord Army.

pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Be Patient. Reply with quote

Outcast773 wrote:
I have found that if you just go into a chat room and start trying to push to get people saved most will not listen. Rolling Eyes

One must earn the right to speak.

In other words be patient,
either open a chat room or forum, and pray that God will lead you to the right person(s) or inter into a room and interact with them and build trust, then move into witnessing. Never just go in and start preaching Exclamation

Hi Outcast773,

Welcome to the forums! That's great advice. I hope you'll continue to post and contribute to the conversations around here.

- Paul
teddylevron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Helpful Tip and resource Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am new to your forum. I am an evangelist, home based in Houston, Texas. I have spent the past 21 years sharing the Gospel on the streets, in apartment complexes, schools and neighborhoods, working with churches to start or fine tune their evangelism efforts in their communities.

At the beginning of this year, I began an evangelism training website. I have found that part of the online experience involves being able to refer people to other relevant websites.

Sometimes the chat rooms and other social networking areas are simply a starting point of discussion. They can become quite argumentative at times, but if you approach the task of sharing the Gospel as a servant, i.e. "I am going to serve someone else by sharing a life saving message," you will usually avoid the argument and keep the communication line open.
I agree with the other poster that said you have to "earn" the right to speak.

If the person you are communicating with gets the sense that you are trying to help them, they are much more open to discussion and eventually accepting the message that you bring. Answer their questions politely and refer them to other sites that can help to answer their questions about Christianity. Ask them to tell you what they think about the site that you send them to.

Looking forward to more idea sharing. I hope this post has helped someone.
Blessings,
Rev. Teddy Levron
www.effective-evangelism-training.org
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Helpful Tip and resource Reply with quote

teddylevron, welcome to the OCC Christian forums and for the message you posted. It includes a lot of wise advice.

One of the things that really bothers me is Christians who engage in spiritual conversations with the goal of winning a debate rather than to winning a soul. We need to be humble and helpful rather than argumentative.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idea I wanted to share in our forums is that Yahoo Answers is a good place to have spiritual conversations. I wrote about Yahoo Answers a couple years ago for those who are interested:

http://blog.ourchurch.com/2006/06/13/got-spiritual-questions-yahoo-answers/

- Paul
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Internet Evangelism and Outreach Month 2009. Let's continue this conversation!

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> General Internet, Computer, and Communication Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: