MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NE1 Website Builder Grand Opening. 10 Things to Know...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: NE1 Website Builder Grand Opening. 10 Things to Know... Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

January 3rd is the Grand Opening of OurChurch.Com's new NE1 Website Builder. It's available for building new sites at:
http://www.ourchurch.com/sitebuilder/

OCC members with Beacon websites can also migrate those sites to NE1. Just login to your webmaster page and click the "Beacon to NE1" link at the top of the page.

I'm sure you're hungry for information about NE1, so let me start with a general guide... (This guide is exactly the same as the one posted in the NE1 Website Builder is Live! 10 topic posted Dec 13. We just wanted to give this a fresh start for the grand opening.)

10 Things to Know about Moving from Beacon to NE1

1) It’s not automatic. Migrating from Beacon to NE1 is done in a simple 3-step process, which is described on a new “Beacon to NE1” page in your webmaster area. You have as much time as you like to tweak the NE1 version of your site before you activate it, and you make the transition when its convenient for you.

2) Your homepage will have the same URL (web address). The rest of your web pages will have different URLs but the old URLs will forward to the new pages.

3) Beacon is not going anywhere. We hope all Beacon users will migrate to NE1 and we may eventually phase out Beacon, but we haven't decided the fate of Beacon. If we do decide to phase it out we will give many months notice.

4) Not all of NE1’s capabilities are included in every hosting package. You can read more about what functionality is included in each hosting package on the Hosting Packages page.
http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/web-hosting-plans-packages.php

5) A calendar module has been added. (Updated Feb 27) NE1 was launched before the calendar was complete, but now it's available with all hosting packages except the free package.

6) NE1 Templates are very different. We’ve created an entire help page just to describe the differences between Beacon and NE1 templates.
http://www.ourchurch.com/help/help-graphics-templates-beacon-to-ne1.php

7) NE1 sites can be customized in a variety of ways, including a custom header graphics, Flash header, and completely custom template.
http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/design-services.php

8 ) There is a new set of help pages for NE1 available.
http://www.ourchurch.com/help/helpindex1.php

9) NE1 includes so many improvements over Beacon we don’t have space to name them all here. Import your Beacon site into NE1 now and then enjoy discovering all the improvements before your take your NE1 site live.

10) Please post your comments and questions about NE1 here in our forums. If you have a question, others probably want to know the answer too.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

Last edited by pdstein on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
outpost8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Oh, NOOOOOOOOOO Reply with quote

Quote:
Good morning folks,

I think we've got all the issues with NE1 and the migration tool resolved.

- Unpublished pages are now imported into an "Unpublished" sub-menu in the Main Menu. This allows unpublished pages to be moved into the main menu. The "Unpublished" sub-menu is not shown on your site.

- The issue with unpublished pages being imported with the wrong content has been fixed. And links to unpublished Beacon pages will forward to the correct NE1 page once your NE1 site is activated.

We are recommending members re-import their sites a this time. If you have unpublished pages (pages not in your Beacon navigation menu) then it is essential that you re-import. If you don't have unpublished pages, then you can re-import but it may not be necessary.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

We very much hope we are not understanding this correctly. We re-imported on Dec. 20, for the third, and, we hoped, the last time, and were assured that all was well with the several hundred unpublished pages that we have on our site. Since then we have spent many, many hours on our NE1 site, changing fonts and colors, correcting spacing, paragraphs, etc. that migrated askew. Please, check out our site, and we hope you can give us an altenative to re-importing...

In Christ,

outpost8
www.harvestministry.us
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Outpost,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

There were 2 issues regarding the migration of unpublished pages which were discovered after December 20 and have since been corrected.

The first issue is that pages cannot be moved from one menu to another. When you migrated your site, the migration tool put all your unpublished pages into an "Unpublished" menu. That means unless you re-import, you will not be able to move any of those pages into the navigation menu. That may not be a big deal, though, if you don't plan to put any of the "unpublished" pages into menu. Any if you did want to put a page into the menu, you could always create a new page, copy the contents from the old page into it, and then delete the old page.

The second issue is that once you activate your NE1 site, people who try to view "unpublished" Beacon pages will not be automatically forwarded to the corresponding NE1 pages unless you re-import. I thought of one possible way to correct this that would not require re-importing. It would be time-consuming (for me as well), but perhaps not as time-consuming as re-doing the formating you've already done to your site. I could send you a list of the Beacon URLs of all your unpublished pages, and if you send back a list of the NE1 URLs of all your unpublished pages I will correct the forwarding.

If you'd like to do that, please post a message in our help desk:
http://www.ourchurch.com/support/

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
future

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to transfer to NE1 but it will not take my usersname ot password?????????? Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy,

I'm going to create a help desk ticket for this issue so we can better help you get this resolved.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
towingportland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the useful information. And also providing with the link for migration to the new website builder.

[link removed by admin]
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the OurChurch.Com forums. We hope you find the information and community here helpful. We would appreciate it, though if you would not use the forums primarily for link spamming. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know!

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

towingportland wrote:
Thanks for sharing the useful information. And also providing with the link for migration to the new website builder.

[link removed by admin]
laila55

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I am new here. I find this site very interesting,
Hope I can join in your discussions here.
Godspeed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: