MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Your NE1 Template Nominations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Post Your NE1 Template Nominations Reply with quote

OurChurch.Com’s new NE1 Website Builder already includes more than 140 high-quality templates with varying themes, layouts, and colors schemes. We want to continue to improve the templates available, so every month we will create 3 new templates based on the suggestions and votes of our members.

Do you have a suggestion for a new NE1 Template?

Post it here! Feel free to be general (Easter theme?) or as specific as you like (Purple and black Easter theme, menu on the left, image of 3 crosses on the top right). You can even post copyright free images you’d like included.

On January 16, we’ll take all the nominations received so far and start a poll. The template suggestions that receive the top 3 votes will be created and made available in February.

If your suggestion doesn’t win in January, don’t worry. We’ll do another round of voting each month this year and create 3 new templates each month.

If you can't wait that long or want something completely unique for your site, we can create a custom template for you and even include dynamic Flash animation effects.

I’ll kick things off with a couple template ideas I’d like to nominate.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.com

- A snowy, winter theme
- A red heart/love theme (just in time for Valentine’s Day?)

Last edited by pdstein on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
autumntraces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like the idea you suggested of the (Purple and black Easter theme, menu on the left, image of 3 crosses on the top right). I would say have a black background for the webmaster's text to go on and a purple menu with white lettering. This would be awesome and similar to that of my former website at www.marilynspoetry.com

I really think the idea of more color in the place where the text goes is an excellent idea and especially the black or dark blue background for text!

Sincerely,
Marilyn Ferguson

http://www.marilynspoetry.com
Calvary_25901

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: template suggestions Reply with quote

I would like to see a template with Mountains across the top, somewhat
hazed as you would see the applachian mountains from afar. I noticed you have plains/horses and cities, but nothing that would symbolize people from the mountainous region. We, from WV, the mountain state, use the slogan "Almost Heaven" for a resond. The following is a website devoted to photos from our region:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/87228820rWTkJQ
I would love to have the bridge with the moutains and wather underneath it as a template. God's creation is the best backdrops.

Another suggestion is: there is a WV man whose name was Coffindaffer who put up three crosses in the mountains of WV, NC, VA, etc. Enclosed is his website with photographs, which would also make a nice template. Some of these would be wonderful
http://www.christiancrosses.org/Gallary.htm
outpost8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a few suggestions for new templates:

1. Similar to the one now available in NE1. It has a faint picture of the earth and three crosses on a hill, and streaks of light, with the green background at the top. Make the main text area dark brown background with white text, give the ability to put our own Scripture in place of what’s there now. Make it a side menu. Stunning!

2. Similar to a great one now available in NE1, city skyline at the top, orange/gold/brown colors, make the text dark brown on the white background, make it a side menu.

3. There’s one available on NE1 now that has a gold side navigation menu, blue/black/green border on bottom, green background on top with four people. Exchange the people for a view of the earth from space and it would be wonderful.

4. There’s a very cool one in NE1 that has greens and blues, with a sort of half oval at the top left where the ministry name goes, and the top green background has the continents of earth. Give it a side menu and it would be outstanding!

That's all for now!

In Christ,

outpost8
www.harvestministry.us
barry3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a Patriotic template of any kind.
Calvary_25901

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Template suggestion Reply with quote

I found an image that would be a beautiful moutain template:
http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/pd--12991511/sp--A/Fog_over_Hills_Dolly_Sods_Wilderness_Monongahela_National_Forest_West_Virginia_USA.htm
nanabags

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Plain Template Reply with quote

Because my business logo is bright in color and my photos are general pretty colorful, I would like to see just some plain basic backgrounds in black, white, and the other basic colors. That would be most helpful to me.

Joann Eyster
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: template suggestions Reply with quote

Calvary_25901 wrote:
The following is a website devoted to photos from our region:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/87228820rWTkJQ
I would love to have the bridge with the moutains and wather underneath it as a template.

Enclosed is his website with photographs, which would also make a nice template. Some of these would be wonderful
http://www.christiancrosses.org/Gallary.htm

Hi Calvary_25901,

Thanks for the suggestions. In order to use photographs from either of these sites we would need for you to acquire permission from the photographer. If you're not able to acquire permission, we'll still put your suggestions in our poll. If they win we would do our best to find stock images that are similar, but how close we're able to get will simply depend on the stock photos available.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
FiveFold

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Template suggestions Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

On template suggestions, obviously anything that focuses on Jesus is ideal but you might consider adding to the large number of secular / business templates, a template highlighting the greatest threat to mankind and God's creation, Global warming / Climate change.

God Bless,
Harry
www.fivefoldministryireland.com
MHG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
On the templates you now have - on : Any Category Page 5, there is a template that looks like there is brownish leather on the left side - which is also where the menu goes - and it has a blueish paper for writing on.

My suggestion is to widen this template so it would fit a full screen (not sure how to say it - a site like ours is - which to me is normal and accommodating to most others ) NOT narrow as this template now ONLY fits. Thanks
SPIRITSONG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Here are some of my ideas; ( with black backgrounds, because I prefer the dramatic effect of black, or other dark or deep colors ):

( CHRISTIAN THEMES: )

1) Black Background/Starry Sky, Starburst as central graphic
( the idea being 'the Heavens', 'the Star in the East' kind of thing )

2) Black Background/Roaring Lion with Crown ( Lion of Judah )

3) Black Background/Jesus ( Face, or Torso with outstretched hands )

4) Black Background/Nail-scarred Hands

5) Black Background/Powerful Dove with Fire

6) Worn Parchment Background/Quill Pen

7) Black Background ( or Deep Blue or Purple )/Full Moon and Nightsky

Cool Black Background/Pine Trees/Howling Wolf/Moonlight

9) Black Background/Jesus Text
( Jesus is Lord, King of Kings, Alpha and Omega, type of thing )

10) Black Background/Outstretched Human Hand toward Downstretched
Hand from Heavens

11) Black Background/Jesus Heart in His Hands
( Heal the Brokenhearted concept )

12) Black Background/Stained Glass Theme

13) Black Background/Star of David/Jesus Tribe of Judah Theme

14) Black Background/Celestial with Hour Glass and Clock
( Endtimes, Time is Running Out concept )

15) Black Background/Armor/Flaming Sword
( Spiritual Warfare Concept )

16) Black Background/Sword of the Spirit
( Image with Text )

17) Black Background/Praying Hands, People with Bowed Heads/Praying
Hands
( Fervent Prayer Concept )

1Cool Black Background/Upraised Hands/Tambourines
( Praise Concept )

19) Black Background/Bible and Dove Graphics
( The Word and the Spirit Concept )

20) Black Background/Jeweled Crown

21) Black Background/Symbols for Alpha and Omega/Text, Jesus Text
( Jesus, the Alpha and the Omega Concept )

21) Black Background/Flying Eagle Sunset Sky/Mountains
( Wings of an Eagle Concept )

22) Black Background/Crown of Thorns/Crucifixion Nails/Jesus Text
( Touched with Drops of Blood )

( MISCELLANEOUS THEMES: )

24) Parchment Background/Fancy Feather Plume Pen and Inkwell

( NATURAL AND TEXTURED BACKGROUNDS: )

Backgrounds which look like Sand, various Stone, Leather, Wood, Bark, Parchment, Papyrus, Water, Clouds, Hay, Ferns, Moss, Silk, Velvet, Damask, Falling snow, Rain, Sunset, Nightsky, etc.

( AND VARIOUS COLOR BACKGROUNDS ( Black, Dark, Medium and Pastel Colors; in addition to the standard white, offwhite, pale grey or grey background color formats )

......I could go on and on, but I will stop there.

Deborah

Rev. Deborah McAlllister Cancel
SPIRITSONG APOSTOLIC MINISTRIES
SPIRITSONG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: On the Templates in General Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

I liked the simple migration, and the configuration/setup operation/added functions and features, of the new NE1 Website Builder.

I am, however, extremely disappointed in the available Template Designs with the new format; Beacon was lightyears ahead in the Artistic sense.

Art and Design-wise, I really like the Beacon Templates I am using; but, I must admit that Beacon is limited, and a bit cumbersome and quirky at times. I can see the reasons you are making a change; so, I will be converting all of my sites to the new NE1 Format.

You really need a much. much larger Template Selection; considering the variety, and level of attractive, artistic, design currently offered by Beacon:

-More specific Christian Theme Designs are an absolute necessity!
( church, ministry, personal/general use )

-More attractive and creative Miscellaneous Theme Designs
( Animals, Plants and Trees, Waters ( The Sea, Rivers, Lakes, Streams, Waterfalls ), Mountains, Gardens, Writing, Art, etc. etc. )

-The standard white, off-white, light or moderate grey backgrounds may be easily read; but they have very little interest and appeal.

You might consider:

-More Black and Dark Backgrounds
-More Medium Color Backgrounds
-More Pastel Color Backgrounds
( You might consider doing a Design in more than one available Background Color;
or:
making Background Color Choices available in any Template Design. )

Deborah

Rev. Deborah McAllister Cancel
SPIRITSONG APOSTOLIC MINISTRIES
nancyb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if you could have some (or one) template designs (side buttons!) that we could put our own photo's at top? I'm sure out of 15,000 sites there are some people who like to take photos as much as I do!! I wouldn't even mind if others used them. You can check out some of my photos at www.fromourhearts.net on "The Poem" page. It would be neat to see some of Our Church members photos at the top of the page. Just an idea, but I would like to see more Christian or Nature Side Menu template designs.
God Bless You & Yours,
Nancy
www.fromourhearts.net
www.owensboro1stgeneralbaptistchurch.com
autumntraces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: NE1 Template Suggestion Reply with quote

I realize this is my 2nd posting here, but I would like to stress the importance of having some color added to the templates. My first choice for an outstanding contrast is a black background with medium blue sides for the menu and white lettering for the fonts in the main area where webmasters place their material and also for the menu text, just like is shown on my current site at

Marilyn's Inspirational Poetry
http://www.marilynspoetry.com

I have had my website up and going for several years. I currently have over 5,200 subscribers and many of them are elderly. I tried many color combinations and this color has made them all happy. It is easy to read and is appealing because of the striking deep contrasts of color.
Calvary_25901

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time for this mountain girl wanting a mountain themed template. I didn't think about copyrights Sad You are correct! I would like to see a SIMPLE template (like the horse/prairie one) but instead of horses have mountains SIMILAR to the link below (which wouldn't be hard to reproduce) and words at the bottom that say I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. .Ps 121:1-2.

http://www.fotosearch.com/DGV077/200195984-001/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: