MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NE1 Website Builder is Live!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: NE1 Website Builder is Live! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

OurChurch.Com's new NE1 Website Builder is now live. It's available for building new sites at:
http://www.ourchurch.com/sitebuilder/

OCC members with Beacon websites can also migrate those sites to NE1. Just login to your webmaster page and click the "Beacon to NE1" link at the top of the page.

EDIT: the 10 Things to Know about Moving from Beacon to NE1 has been moved to the new topic NE1 Website Builder Grand Opening. 10 Things to Know... Since this topic already had a lot of posts to it and many of them discuss issues that are no longer relevant, we wanted to give the topic a fresh start.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

Last edited by pdstein on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MHG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
I have been to the new builder and I have one question. Is it possible to start all over again??? What I mean is, now that I have seen it and the layouts, I will be able to arrange the topics or sub-menus (whatever they are called) in the old one MUCH easier and then transfer it. This way the menus that go along the top, won't be a mile long. I have too many and can categorize them in this older version much easier. Is this possible? To start over again as if I never been there? Probably Not Huh Sad . I will just have to figure out how to do it. How long did you say we had to change over, this could take me months.

Thanks for the new system, I am sure I will appreciate it, once I understand what I am doing. #1 computer illiterate.

Thanks for all your hard work in this project. Bless You
newbethelbaptist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: NE1 Reply with quote

I have gone to the link for migration to NE1. It brought up a page of HTML code. I went back to my webmaster page it no longer has the link to the migration tool, it does have a link to edit or view my website in NE1 but all it does is bring up this error message Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/occ/public_html/member/n/New_Bethel/inc/config.php on line 21

HELP!!!!!
thewills

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having trouble with NE1 trying to edit my pages, every time I try to edit I get an error message & my computer returns to my desk top.

Also I would like to know if there is any way I can keep my current background or do I have to go with a new one?

Ken
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men; Colossians 3:23
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MHG wrote:
Greetings,
I have been to the new builder and I have one question. Is it possible to start all over again???

Hi MGH, yes you can start over as long as you haven't activated your NE1 site. If you go to your webmaster page and click the "Beacon to NE1" link, since you have imported Beacon into NE1 but not activated your NE1 site, that page now includes a link to re-import your site from Beacon to NE1.

Quote:
What I mean is, now that I have seen it and the layouts, I will be able to arrange the topics or sub-menus (whatever they are called) in the old one MUCH easier and then transfer it. This way the menus that go along the top, won't be a mile long.

I would still recommend that for a site with the number of pages as yours that you choose a template with a left side menu. If you go with a menu across the top you'e probably limited to 6 or 7 main menu entries. You can put the rest of your pages in drop-down sub-menus, but if you have too many items in a sub-menu (like more than 20) they will drop down all the way past the bottom of the screen.

Quote:
How long did you say we had to change over

It hasn't been decided but several months at least.

- Paul, OCC
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: NE1 Reply with quote

newbethelbaptist wrote:
I have gone to the link for migration to NE1. It brought up a page of HTML code. I went back to my webmaster page it no longer has the link to the migration tool, it does have a link to edit or view my website in NE1 but all it does is bring up this error message Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/occ/public_html/member/n/New_Bethel/inc/config.php on line 21

Hi newbethelbaptist, we've fixed the parse error, but now there seems to be a problem with the ads covering up the template for the site. We're working on that issue now.

- Paul, OCC
count-your-blessings
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Hello there Reply with quote

MHG, Very Happy I think changing the navigation will be an easier/quicker thing than you think Smile (((I have no idea about being able to 'start over'.)))

Question: I see that you have a domain name. Did you use the normal username or the Cpanel username when you were asked for it to login to the migrate tool?

newbethelbaptist, It might be a good idea to contact the help desk with the specific error. They are great with their response!
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewills wrote:
I am having trouble with NE1 trying to edit my pages, every time I try to edit I get an error message & my computer returns to my desk top.

Hi Ken,

Could you provide us with the exact wording of the error message? Could you also tell us the operating system on your computer (Windows XP, Vista, Mac OS10?) the web browser your using (Internet Explorer, Firefox?), and the version number of the web browser (look under the help menu)

Quote:
Also I would like to know if there is any way I can keep my current background or do I have to go with a new one?

NE1 is not compatible with Beacon backgrounds/templates, so you will need to select a new one. We could create a custom template for your site based on a Beacon background, though.

By the way, that question is answered in the Beacon to NE1 Template Help page:
http://www.ourchurch.com/help/help-graphics-templates-beacon-to-ne1.php

And info about customizing NE1 templates is available at:
http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/design-services.php

- Paul
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Hello there Reply with quote

count-your-blessings, thanks for posting. We really appreciate it when our members get involved in the forums and help other members. Smile

Quote:
Question: I see that you have a domain name. Did you use the normal username or the Cpanel username when you were asked for it to login to the migrate tool?

Use your OurChurch.Com username and password. The one you use to login to your webmaster page.

- Paul
count-your-blessings
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Thank YOU Reply with quote

You know, I don't have too awful much to add Paul, but I am excited about the NE1 and really hope that everyone will plunge in there and enjoy all the labor you folks have put into it!

I tried the username but for westerfieldfamilyfarms.com it gave me an error which I sent to the help desk.
MHG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: Thanks a million, I found the restart botton:
Quote:
If while editing your NE1 site you think you've completely messed it up, you can run the migration tool again, re-import your Beacon site into NE, and start working on a fresh copy of your site in NE1.

I feel SO blessed right now, you will never know. Thanks for that function Very Happy

Second: Count-your-blessings, is this me you are asking??? If so:
Quote:

I don't know what a Cpanel is Confused . When I logged in, I did so just as I do with this Beacon webmaster page.
I am really not good at any of this stuff. Trial and error, lol. Mostly error but a lot of trying to get there.

I will say, when I clicked on the pages to edit them, there was just a blank page, nothing there. It was like it started but then never finished (getting up the page - there for about 1/2 second) and was blank. How do you edit when there is nothing there to edit ?

Maybe that's why?? Maybe I needed to sign in another way??

Who knows, Thank the Lord for the restart over option they added in. I will probably need it more than this one time, I hope not though. Confused

Ok, If all else fails, read the instructions, LOL. But the problem with that and computers is, I don't understand the instructions wording most of the time.

Have a great switch over and be Blessed!
MHG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add: If I can do this ANYONE CAN. That's simply fact!
count-your-blessings
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

MHG for the confusion. Smile

Nope the CPanel is available on some hosting packages and has additional features. (See the different hosting pkgs - Bronze, Silver etc.)

I hope you only need to 'start over' once too, but isn't it wonderful to know they have provided that option!?!?!?!?!?! Smile

Have a great day!
mainstreetmission

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Difficulty Reply with quote

I just started tweaking my new site. I'm very excited about the new possibilities that this might offer. I'm sad to see no pictures for the domain package Sad But I'm having a problem when I preview my site, none of the menus are working. I cannot click on them and get anywhere to view the other pages. Thanks!
mainstreetmission

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Difficulty resolved Reply with quote

I don't know what happened, but i tried again and the menus are working now. Thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: