MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NE1 Website Builder - Coming December 12
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: NE1 Website Builder - Coming December 12 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share with you some big news regarding the new website builder...

NE1 is the name our OurChurch.Com's soon-to-be-launch website builder. The name was selected to emphasize the fact that it can be used by anyone, anytime, anywhere to create a great website. The NE1 Website Builder is simple enough for an Internet novice, yet powerful enough for a professional website. It will be made available in our free and premium web hosting packages. Plus it's accessible from anywhere in the world.

The NE1 Website Builder - A Website for Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

Last edited by pdstein on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some additional news...

Wednesday December 12 has been selected as the day the NE1 Website Builder will be launched.

We will provide a lot more details about launch and the transition to the new web builder in coming weeks, but here are somethings we thought you might want to know now.

- We have developed a "migration tool" which will import all web pages to the new web builder including pictures, music, guestbook entries, etc.

- The transition to the new web builder will not be instant or automatic. You will click a button to import your Beacon website into thew new web builder and will be able to tweak the new site while the current site remains active. Then when you're ready to take your new site live, you will click another button.

- The URL (web address) of all websites will stay the same.

If you have any comments or questions about this, please post them here.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
mainstreetmission

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Great News!! Reply with quote

I am so glad to hear about the new web builder. I have been looking at other hosting sites for a new look and have even built a couple sites elsewhere, but none have really been as good as OCC. I have the domain package, will the new web builder be available for me too. I noticed you said for premium hosting packages. I sure hope so. I'm quite excited about it. I was planning on changing the site a little bit for our upcoming 10 year anniversary as a ministry (Dec. 14th), so this will be much better. God Bless you all at OCC. Thank you for such a great service.
roblynn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: NE1 Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Having been involved this month in Beta Testing the new website, we are pleased to comment that it is brilliant.

Bob and Kathleen Lynn http://www.christianbirthright.com
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Great News!! Reply with quote

Hi mainstreetmission,

mainstreetmission wrote:
I have the domain package, will the new web builder be available for me too. I noticed you said for premium hosting packages.

Absolutely. All hosting packages will have access to the NE1 Website Builder.

Quote:
I was planning on changing the site a little bit for our upcoming 10 year anniversary as a ministry (Dec. 14th), so this will be much better. God Bless you all at OCC. Thank you for such a great service.

I think you'll find the new templates and new functionality a significant step forward. You'll be giving your ministry a nice anniversary present. Smile

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
bishoprlw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: New NE1 Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

After being a beta tester for the new NE1 Website Builder I know that many of the sites here at OCC will see improvements and enjoy doing it.

The web builder is easy to use and has many helpful tools and is a great improvement.

Thanks again for all you are Doing.

Bishop Raymond L. Wood
MartinsvilleFBC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to subscribe to this thread. I've VERY excited and looking forward to December 12th!!!

Can you give us any hints of what to expect? Wink

Like will there be more layout options? Or will it still be the basic menu down the left hand side with the text and pictures down the center, and Site Tools on the right side.

And will there be more theme templates to choose from?
jittor
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh MartinsvilleFBC if you only knew. The NE1 web builder is crazy cool. It will be well worth the wait.

In His Service,

Jon Harrison
OurChurch.Com

- The greatest thing the devil ever did, was to make us think he never existed! -
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinsvilleFBC,

There will lots of layout options. The menu can be anywhere - right side, left side, horizontal across the top, above or below the header at the top of the page. You can see screenshots of 3 of the templates in the forum topic A sneak peak at OCC's new web builder

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
FiveFold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: New NE1 website builder Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Having beta tested the new NE1 I congratulate you on your achievement and on all the hard work put in by your dedicated team. I believe the new, simple to use, website builder will be a much appreciated, effective tool for Christian web servants everywhere.

One question. We love our existing OCC website though Iím aware of the exciting new opportunities to improve our websites making them more user-friendly by improving layout, access and navigation as well as all the other new developments, using the new system (trying not to let any surprises out of the bag!!).

Will it be possible to avail of the new organisational improvements yet retain our original website backdrops, colourings, graphics etc i.e. just change the accessibility by arranging the old pages to fit into the new template offerings, a sort of content management system? I expect not but perhaps there is a way?

Wishing you all success in the continuing development of OCCís services.

God Bless,
Harry
Five Fold Ministry Ireland.
Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello pdstein Wink

Well I am not to happy with the new name and number. NE1 what do it stand for Question or mean.

I still like the name {all for one} by OCC

Will there be a NE2 next Question

Anyway keep the special coming. And thank you for your services. Cool

your friend from the glory land.
"Follow me to The Glory Land"

http://thegloryland.com
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New NE1 website builder Reply with quote

Hi Harry,

Thanks again for beta testing the NE1 Website Builder and for posting your comments here.

FiveFold wrote:
Will it be possible to avail of the new organisational improvements yet retain our original website backdrops, colourings, graphics etc i.e. just change the accessibility by arranging the old pages to fit into the new template offerings, a sort of content management system? I expect not but perhaps there is a way?

The NE1 Website Builder's templating system is much more advanced than Beacon's and templates are not transferable. But we understand that some of our members may like the current look of their websites, so we'll be doing several things to ensure everyone is happy with the new look of their website.

First, there are many more templates included with NE1 than Beacon, so you should be able to find several that have a similar color scheme as your current site.

Second, we'll be creating new NE1 templates every month based on the suggestions of our members.

Third, members will be able purchase a custom designed header graphic (to replace the image at the top of the template), a Flash header, or a completely custom designed template.

We'll provide more details in the coming weeks.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thegloryland wrote:
Hello pdstein Wink

NE1 what do it stand for Question or mean.

Hi Thegloryland,

NE1 = anyone Wink

We chose a name that expresses the high value we place on accessibility. Anyone can create a website with NE1 - techie geeks and Internet novices... rich and poor... black and white... young and old... early birds and night owls... Americans, Europeans, Africans, Asians, and Austrailians... pastors and laypersons... teachers and students... NE1

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
betheltoledo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, pdstein!

It's been almost a week since you shared any more details. Razz (Yes, I check every day just to see! Very Happy ) What else can you tell us? Question

Who does God want to love through you today?
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

betheltoledo wrote:
It's been almost a week since you shared any more details. Razz (Yes, I check every day just to see! Very Happy ) What else can you tell us? Question

Well, let's see...

We asked our beta testers what aspect of the NE1 Website Builder impressed them most, and some of the responses included:

- The more stylish look of the templates
- The ease of adding photos, resizing, and moving them around
- The menu / sub-menu capabilities offering the opportunity to escape from those very long navigation bars.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: