MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

slideshow help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Gold, Silver, and Bronze Accounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkabbott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: slideshow help Reply with quote

Ok would anyone please tell me what I need to do to get a slideshow on to my site. Anyone please. Thank you
lfallin
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rkabbott,

If you want to put a link on your site which would open up a slideshow, then you would simply create a slideshow file (possibly in PowerPoint), and upload it to your site. You will then need to create a link to this file. Please let us know if you ahve further questions.

In His Service,
Lisa Fallin
OurChurch.Com
rkabbott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: slideshow problems Reply with quote

I have the gold package and have not created my own site. I created the slideshow in powerpoint then uploaded to my files. I then created a page called church pics and linked it to the powerpoint file. Nothing is happening.All I get is a file not found. I checked the link but nothing. Help, what am I doing wrong?
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rkabbott,

I checked your website and I do not see a powerpoint file uploaded to you /view/uploads/ directory as the link you placed on your website suggests. I looked through a couple other directories and did not see the powerpoint file in any of them either. You must upload the poweropint file in order to link to it. You can upload the file using the "Upload Large Files (FTP)" feature in your webmaster page.

There are 2 ways of putting the slideshow online.

1. You can create the slideshow and save it as a powerpoint file. Then upload the .ppt file and link to it. In this case when people click on the link to access the file, it would open the slideshow in the web browser window.

2. You can create the slideshow and save it as a web page. If you do this, be sure to upload all related files. There will probably be a folder with all the graphics and a seperate .htm file. you must upload all the files for it to work properly. When you create the link, you will link to the .htm file.

I hope this helps.

In his Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
rkabbott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Aliitle help Reply with quote

Ok I saved the slideshow in powerpoint as a webpage. I then uploaded the webpage and it went fine but when I tried to upload the relevent files for the webpage I could not. It timed out and told me that I should make sure I have permission to upload the files. ? everything worked up to that point. I even reduced the file size in powerpoint and nothing. Help please
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rkabbott,

What method did you use to try to upload the related files?

In his Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
rkabbott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through ftp (drag and drop) . The file itself is big(32mb) but still it should have worked. It would load to a certain point then just time out.
rkabbott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I finally uploaded the relevent files needed to get my slideshow going but I still get a page not found page. Any suggestions?
Pennywish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Not sure if this will help but I did it this way and it works.

I created a Multimedia Page. Then in the Multimedia File drop down box I clicked on the .ppt file that I had uploaded.

This method will give people the ability to DL or Open.

In my case many of my church members had requested a copy of the presentation so allowing them to dl from the website has worked out well.

Hope this helps and did not mislead as I am new at this myself. All I know is that it worked for me using this method.

Good Luck Smile
Godpraiser2124

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: slide show Reply with quote

I use a slide show for our church pictures. Go to our page to see if it is what you are looking for www.ourchurch.com/member/f/FishhatcheryCOG

If it is then go to www.slide.com
Click on make a slide show. You then just add your pictures with the uploader and choose your slide show designs. Then click save and it will give you a html code for your slide show. Paste this html code onto your web page and you are done. Hope this helps.

God Bless You
Godpraiser2124

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: slide show help Reply with quote

I forgot to mention in my previous post that you may have to create a free profile/registration to use the slide show program. I have one and I can't remember if it was required or not. Please read the instructions on the slide site to be sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Gold, Silver, and Bronze Accounts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: