MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[CWIA Nominee] Mountain View Bible Fellowship - Sayre, PA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Places to Go, Sites to See
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: [CWIA Nominee] Mountain View Bible Fellowship - Sayre, PA Reply with quote

Church Website Improvement Award Nominee: Mountain View Bible Fellowship - Sayre, PA

We are Mountain View Bible Fellowship and as you would read in what we hope is our “welcoming” Welcome Page, we are just a baby in establishment (August 2006) but are maturing by leaps and bounds in God’s grace, wisdom and knowledge. Because we had so much difficulty finding info about Home Fellowships when we were praying about forming one, as a service to others, we wanted to create a webpage that would help others in their search should the Lord lead them in that direction.

We had originally started out with a “school book” type template because we felt it was “educational” in origin. However, the more we grew as a fellowship and in the Lord, we wanted to be more of an outreach ministry…ministering to brothers and sisters in Christ! So we changed the entire design and content. We can tell that the change was good for us, because before, we received comments like the webpage was “cute” or “different”. Now, we seem to be taken seriously! Although it looks a bit more “professional” that doesn’t have to mean “stuffy”. We wanted to present something pleasant, but also wanted something that is befitting as representative of something as important as the spread of the Word of God. We feel the template that you provided, and we chose was not only appropriate, but “rich” in quality.

As we continued to develop, we started adding things like “background music of some of the hymns that are so very precious to us while surfing the pages”(this seems to really be enjoyed!), flash-graphics at the tops of some of our pages, and an e-newsletter we started sending out updating people as our webpage updates!

Because we soon realized that not all who are on our webpages are necessarily brothers and sisters (especially through surfing the forums!) we decided to begin a 2-fold ministry: A completely FREE sermon tape ministry. We are so blessed by the messages that continue to feed us…why keep it to ourselves! We feel that both saved and unsaved can benefit from this as we never ask a penny for anything…and offer them to take as they need! What a blessing this has been…the request come in regularly…the furthest being from India! Praise God!

In order to try to be more “user-friendly” we are constantly submitting and re-submitting our webpages (we have a sister page: ourchurch.com/member/p/PainPrayerChain for the purpose of bearing each others burdens!) to search engine directories. Dynamic Submission has been helpful as well. We hope this webpage has been as much a blessing to others as it has been to us…and most of all, May Jesus Christ Be Glorified!
perhaps2day

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mountain View Bible Fellowship is the most improved site. So many improvements in such a short time. I believe this site should be awarded the most improved Laughing
perhaps2day
saved_m_i

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I attend this fellowship and just love it. The atmosphere is like family and the spiritual food is abundant...and delicious.

This website is awesome! The tape ministry is a real thrill as people from all over the country... and overseas... write to request God's Word. We have a real part in helping to spread the Gospel across the nations.

My favorite page would have to be the "Biblical Hot Topics" page. There is so much food for thought there.

saved_m_i
prays4u
MVP Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edmar! Welcome to the forum! I saw that you had kind of "lost your way".... so thought I'd help ya out and move ya where you belong! Laughing

This has got to be the most improved website. It is the first of it's kind for the host, and it's come a long way in a very short time. Keep up the good work !
Edmar

Hope this helps! Wink

"O thou that hearest prayer, unto Thee shall all flesh come!" Psalms 65:2

www.TinyURL.com/YUQQKD & www.TinyURL.com/YPOV4V &
http://tinyurl.com/24W56P
filmdavidb
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Your website Reply with quote

Bless your heart for creating the "link" to visit www.HisNameIsLife.com
I am so thrilled! You are the first one to do that! For some time I could not understand why no one wants to creat a link in their website to this 4 minute video presenting such a clear, concise, easy-to-understand plan of salvation. To my knowledge I know of no other video that does this. As you probably know, I produced this from various clips I collected around the country when I videotaped Easter/Christmas pageants, and the Cross at Groom Texas (190 ft. high), etc. Thank you so much. I hope the Babel Fish translator helps surfers!!
Dave Film
uncleal

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only wish there were more "Prayer Sites" available such as your sister site "Chronic Pain Prayer Chain".
Also, the free material that you offer, especially the James Knox tapes on your Home Church are a blessing to anyone who has the good common sense to listen to them.
I am not alone in my belief that we are living in the last days and the coming of our Savior is close at hand.
The rapture can happen at any time, and I am afraid it will catch many many unfortunate un-saved people by surprise.
The so called egg-heads will then debate what happened, probably even going as far as considering "Alien Abduction" I suppose,--While, all along, the real truth has been explained to all in the Scriptures.
Your web-site, with the James Knox ministry, is doing exactly what our Lord told us to do---"Spread the Word" !!

Love,
Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Places to Go, Sites to See All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: