Joined: 14 Jun 2005
|Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:52 pm Post subject: Webmaster Newsletter - May 2007
|Hello OurChurch.Com webmasters,
May is Church Website Innovation Month at OurChurch.Com and so our newsletter is going to focus heavily on helping churches to take steps forward with their websites. If you're not the webmaster of a church website though, there are some imporant issues in this newsletter that affect you, so please read on.
View this message on the web with color and graphics in our newsletter archives at:
IN THIS ISSUE
1) Church Website Improvement Awards
2) Silver Special
3) Is Email Sucking the Life out of You?
4) AIDS Clickathon Continues to Help Children
5) Learn How to Improve Your Church Website
<------------- Advertisement -------------->
Tell people about your business or ministry!
<------------- Advertisement -------------->
1) CHURCH WEBSITE IMPROVEMENT AWARDS
One of the ways we're encouraging churches to take their websites to the next level this month is through the Church Website Improvement Awards. If you're the administrator of a church website and you've made improvements to it in the last year, submit an article explaining those improvements and the impact they have had on your churches ministry and you could win an award and prize. Articles must be submitted to the OCC help desk by 10 AM EST Thursday May 17. That means you've got less than 24 hours to submit your article. See the full announcement for details:
2) SILVER SPECIAL
Whether the website you manage is for your church, school, ministry, business, or family, upgrading to the Silver hosting package may be what you need to take your site to the next level. The Silver package includes a free domain name, up to 100 email accounts, and supports audio, video, and more than 50 programs you can install for free in seconds.
This month only you can get a year of the Silver package and Ad-free Option together for just $219 - that's less than the regular price on Bronze and ad-free and a savings of $51. Or you can get 6 months of Silver and Ad-free for just $129, a savings of $41. Click the "Order and Renew Premium Options" link on your webmaster page to order.
3) IS EMAIL SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF YOU?
One of the most popular features of the Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze (PGSB) accounts is email. But if you have one of these accounts, a valuable feature could actually be consuming tens or even hundreds of megabytes of your disk space. If you have a PGSB account, please take a moment to read more about this issue in our forums and contact our help desk if we can help.
4) AIDS CLICKATHON CONTINUES TO HELP CHILDREN
Last week, we announced that the AIDS Clickathon has been extended an additional four weeks. If you recall, the AIDS Clickathon is our effort to support a Christian orphnage in Kenya for AIDS-orphaned children. All you have to do is make a free click... and the Clickathon sponsors will donate. There's no cost to you, no registration, no catch whatsoever. It only takes 30 seconds to visit and click, and in doing so make a difference in the life of a child.
This week the AIDS Clickathon was named a finalist in an online marketing competition, Paul is being interviewed for an article about the Clickathon, and the Clickathon is about to surpass a major milestone. Read the Clickathon blog for the latest news.
5) LEARN HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CHUCRCH WEBSITE
A few other things we're doing in conjunction with Church Website Innovation Month to help church webmasters... there is a discussion topic set-up in our forums just waiting for you to share your questions or insights into improving a church website... a new church website tips page has been added to the Christian Web Trends blog... and of course our friendly support staff are available to help you in any way we can.
Thanks for hosting your website at OurChurch.Com. Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter here in our forums.
In His Service,
OCC Quick Links
- OurChurch.Com homepage - http://www.ourchurch.com
- Website hosting - http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/
- Custom website designs - http://www.ourchurch.com/design/
- Marketing services - http://marketing.ourchurch.com
- Partner/Affiliate program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
- Christian Search - http://www.ourchurch.com/search/
- Daily scripture - http://devotions.ourchurch.com
- Christian Web Trends Blog - http://blog.ourchurch.com
- OCC message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
- OCC status board - http://status.ourchurch.com
- OCC help pages - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/
- OCC help desk - http://www.ourchurch.com/support/
OCC's NEWEST ADVERTISERS
- Work At Home United - http://www.ourchurch.com/ads/click.php3?bannerID=1292
APRIL AWARD-WINNING WEBSITES
- Felix Pages - http://www.felixpages.com/
- Lighthouse 4 Jesus - http://www.l4jesus.com/
- God's purpose for man - http://www.thetrueword.us/
- Messages From FatherSonSpirit - http://www.fathersonspiritmessages.com/
Info on PowerPoints Challenge - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/help-powerpoints.php
"I thought I'd make some suggestions... As a parent I know I when I go to school websites, I like to have a clear idea of their statement of faith, rules or guidelines or handbook posted." - dorothyoneil
Sound off on our message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com/viewtopic.php?p=7757#7757
BEACON TIP O' THE MONTH
If you have more than 10 pages in your menu, use sub-menus to group similar menu items together under a common heading and help make your menus more readable.
WEBSITE SPOTLIGHT: Calvary Chapel Gilroy - http://www.calvarygilroy.com
Calvary Chapel Gilroy is a fellowship of believers that was formed out of a desire to know Jesus and to make Him known. The church is located in Gilroy, CA, about 35 miles southeast of San Jose. The website is a Custom CMS Express site developed by OurChurch.Com and includes a staff page, photo gallery, blog, and calendar.