Joined: 14 Jun 2005
|Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:21 pm Post subject: Search Newsletter - May 2007
Hope your websites are all doing great and moving up the search rankings. We've got a number of things to talk about in this issue and hope you find it insightful in helping you bring more visitors to your website.
You are receiving this email because you have a website listed in OurChurch.Com's search engine. If you'd like to unsubscribe see the instructions at the bottom. View this message on the web with color and graphics in our newsletter archives at:
Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter in our forums at:
IN THIS ISSUE
1) AIDS Clickathon Extended
2) Beyond Traditional Search to Social Media
3) Church Website Improvement Awards
4) Is Your Ladder Leaning Against the Wrong Wall?
<------------- Advertisement -------------->
Spread the word about your ministry or business!
<------------- Advertisement -------------->
1) AIDS CLICKATHON EXTENDED
On April 12, OurChurch.Com launched the AIDS Clickathon. The AIDS Clickathon is like an online walkathon. You make a free click... and the Clickathon sponsors donate to a home for AIDS-orphaned children in Africa. There is no donation required, no registration, no email lists - absolutely no strings attached. All it takes is 30 seconds to make a free click and make a difference in the life of an orphaned child.
The AIDS Clickathon was original scheduled to end May 10, but it has been extended by 4 weeks to give people more time to click and spread the word. If you haven't already done so, please take 30 seconds to go to AIDSclickathon.com and click the link. If you want to make an even bigger difference help us spread the word by emailing your friends about the Clickathon. Thanks!
2) BEYOND TRADITIONAL SEARCH TO SOCIAL MEDIA
While search engines are still the primary source of new visitors for most websites, the importance of social media is growing. These are sites like MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, and del.icio.us which allow users to include their own content and connect with others. There are also several websites that are similar to these examples but specifically designed for Christians. Networking through these sites can be a great way to get the word out about your church ministry, business, or website.
In conjunction with the AIDS Clickathon, OurChurch.Com has taken some initiatives to spread the word through social media. If you'd like to hear about some examples of what we've done and consider whether some of these steps might help bring visitors to your site, you can read about it at:
3) CHURCH WEBSITE IMPROVEMENT AWARDS
May is Church Website Innovation Month at OurChurch.Com. We're putting special emphasis on helping churches to take their websites forward. One of the ways we're doing this is through the Church Website Improvement Awards. If you're the administrator of a church website and you've made improvements to it in the last year, submit an article explaining those improvements and the impact they have had on your churches ministry and you could win an award and prize. For more details see:
4) IS YOUR LADDER LEANING UP AGAINST THE WRONG WALL?
In his best selling book, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey writes, "Most people are so busy climbing the ladder of success that they fail to realize it's leaning up against the wrong wall." We see this same problem when it comes to search engine marketing. Most people are so busy trying to get their site to the top of the search rankings that they fail to realize selecting the right phrases to target makes all the difference.
Keyword research is hands down the most important aspect of search engine optimization (SEO). After all, what good is it if you're #1 in Google for a phrase that gets no searches or is not relevant to your site? With OCC's Guaranteed Top Search Ranking and SEO Management services we perform extensive keyword research for your site to ensure that when your site gets to the top of the rankings it brings lots of interested visitors.
Thanks for using OurChurch.Com's search engine and for listing your site(s). Be sure to check and update your search listings regularly so that they bring the most visitors possible to your site. Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter here in our forums.
In His Service,
OCC Quick Links
- OurChurch.Com homepage - http://www.ourchurch.com
- Website hosting - http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/
- Custom website designs - http://www.ourchurch.com/design/
- Marketing services - http://marketing.ourchurch.com
- Christian Advertising - http://www.ourchurch.com/advertising/
- Partner/Affiliate program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
- Christian Search - http://www.ourchurch.com/search/
- Daily scripture - http://www.e-dification.com
- Christian Web Trends Blog - http://blog.ourchurch.com
- OCC message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
- OCC status board - http://status.ourchurch.com
- OCC help pages - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/
- OCC help desk - http://www.ourchurch.com/support/
TOP PARTNERS FROM APRIL
- Unrapped Ministries - http://www.unrapped.org/gospelstore.html
- A Christian Counselor - http://achristiancounselor.com
- Echoes of the Heart - http://www.marilynspoetry.com
- Christian web ministry - http://acharlie.tripod.com/intro.html
Info on Spread the WWWord! partnership program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
"Will you please take time to go to my website and tell me what you Personally think about it... I would like 'Fast Moving Traffic' !!! In and Out Fast!!!!! " - Pelt
Sound off on our message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
SEARCH TIP O' THE MONTH
The more important part of search engine marketing is keyword research - making sure you target the right search phrases.