Joined: 14 Jun 2005
|Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:37 pm Post subject: Search Newsletter - March 2007
OurChurch.Com's mission is to serve Christ by utilizing technology to build community and help people achieve their goals and dreams. One of the ways we do that is through our Christian search engine, in which you have a website listed. Another way we're doing that this month is by educating people to utilize forums - on their own site, on others site, and OurChurch.Com's Christian forums - to connect with new people, build relationships, and attract new visitors to their websites. We talk about that and other opportunities in this issue.
You are receiving this email because you have a website listed in OurChurch.Com's search engine. If you'd like to unsubscribe see the instructions at the bottom. View this message on the web with color and graphics in our newsletter archives at:
IN THIS ISSUE
1) Using Forums to Grow Website Traffic
2) Managing Your Search Rankings
3) Eliminate Sign-up Sheets with Online Event Registration
4) OurChurch.Com Search Engine Update
<------------- Advertisement -------------->
Spread the word about your ministry or business!
<------------- Advertisement -------------->
1) USING FORUMS TO GROW WEBSITE TRAFFIC
Search engines are a great way to bring new visitors to your website. Another great source of new visitors can be forums. To help raise awareness about online forums we have declared March to be Forums Month at OurChurch.Com (http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/forums-month.php). There are three aspects of forums that we are focusing on.
A. Starting and managing your own forums. Learn the benefits of adding forums to your site (http://blog.ourchurch.com/2007/03/06/why-add-forums-to-your-website/), find out the 5 things you must have to make your forums successful (http://blog.ourchurch.com/2007/03/13/5-things-all-successful-forums-have/), and discuss challenges related to starting and running forums (http://forums.ourchurch.com/viewtopic.php?t=2442).
B. Using others' forums to attract visitors. Read 10 Tips for Attracting Visitors to Your Website Through the Forums on Other Sites (http://blog.ourchurch.com/2007/03/20/10-tips-for-attracting-visitors-to-your-website-through-the-forums-on-other-sites/) and discuss issues related to participating in other sites’ forums (http://forums.ourchurch.com/viewtopic.php?t=2443).
C. Using OCC's Christian Forums. We already have one of the busier Christian Forums on the Web but we want to make it even better by increasing quantity and quality of the messages posted in it. So, we're doing lots of fun things to encourage you increase your participation in our forums like giving away $10 to everyone who posts, giving away a free year of Bronze hosting every week, and giving away $100 of advertising in our avatar contest. Don't forget to apply the same tips for using others' forums when you participate in our forum so your participation attracts new visitors to your site.
2) MANAGING YOUR SEARCH RANKINGS
In January OCC launched its brand new Search Engine Optimization Management service. With the SEO Management service, we guarantee to get your website at least five top 10 and ten top 20 rankings in the search engines AND we guarantee to manage the optimization of your website so it stays at the top of the search engine rankings for as long as you continue the service. You've invested a lot of time and effort in the building and management of your website. We can get it the search rankings and visitors it deserves:
3) ELIMINATE SIGN-UP SHEETS WITH ONLINE EVENT REGISTRATION
OurChurch.Com has a new event registration component available as a part of its custom website design service, Custom CMS Express. The event registration component enables an organization to manage sign-ups for activities - classes, seminars, trips, concerts, and more – through its website. Read how this component can increase participation and reduce the time and effort involved with organizing ministry events and activities in the full announcement.
4) OURCHURCH.COM SEARCH ENGINE UPDATE
We are continuing to experiment with the Google-powered Christian search engine (http://www.ourchurch.com/search/new-christian-search-engine.php) we launched back in November. The default search results at http://www.ourchurch.com/search/ continue to come from our directory.
Thanks for using OurChurch.Com's search engine and for listing your site(s). Be sure to check and update your search listings regularly so that they bring the most visitors possible to your site. Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter in our forums at:
In His Service,
OCC Quick Links
- OurChurch.Com homepage - http://www.ourchurch.com
- Website hosting - http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/
- Custom website designs - http://www.ourchurch.com/design/
- Marketing services - http://marketing.ourchurch.com
- Christian Advertising - http://www.ourchurch.com/advertising/
- Partner/Affiliate program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
- Christian Search - http://www.ourchurch.com/search/
- Daily scripture - http://www.e-dification.com
- Christian Web Trends Blog - http://blog.ourchurch.com
- OCC message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
- OCC status board - http://status.ourchurch.com
- OCC help pages - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/
- OCC help desk - http://www.ourchurch.com/support/
TOP PARTNERS FROM FEBRUARY
- Happy Trails Highway - http://www.happytrailshighway.com/
- A Christian Counselor. - http://achristiancounselor.com
- Agape Love Ministries - http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/agapeloveministries/index.html
- A guide to the Christian web - http://www.hwy777.com/
Info on Spread the WWWord! partnership program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
"[W]e're sure that by participating in forums with comments, prayers, excerpts from writings, etc., and adding our URL, many have been directed by God to visit His site and are blessed." - outpost8
Sound off on our message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
SEARCH TIP O' THE MONTH
When you post in forums, include a link to your site in your signature. Not only will your site benefit directly from the people that click the link and visit your site, but the link may also help your website's search rankings.