MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A sneak peak at OCC's new web builder
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: A sneak peak at OCC's new web builder Reply with quote

Those of you who read our forums get a little inside scoop today. We have been developing a new web builder that will eventually replace our Beacon web builder. We are still working on selecting a name and we don't have a release date yet, but I thought you might be interested to hear a few details and see screenshots of a few of the templates.

The templates for the new web builder have a brighter, more contemporary look to them. While all the Beacon templates are based on clipart-like graphics, the new web builder templates are based on stock photos. We are big advocates of using images of people on a site to convey warmth and friendliness.

The new web builder has a much more flexible layout. Notice how this template features a menu that goes horizontally across the top of the site. The menuing system includes dynamic "drop-down" and "slide-out" sub-menus.

I think you will really love the variety of layouts, colors, images, and styles that will be available with the new web builder. That's all for now, but I'll post more details and new screen shots as development progresses. Hope you like what you see so far.

- Paul
stang165

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: New Web Builder Reply with quote

I like the new templates a lot. I can't wait to make the change.
Reuben
count-your-blessings
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: WOW Reply with quote

Is there an estimated time frame for rollout?

I don't guess you could share any more of what the template backgrounds may look like? (Stock photos - that kinda makes me cringe. Not fond of the stock people photos.) I am sure that there will be many options Wink of format and color scheme. Question

I do appreciate how user friendly that the Beacon has been and am very thankful for the service. (I hate to see it go. Sad ) But I am sure OCC will have great new versatility!

Sheila
Confused
barry3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look terrific!
outpost8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: new web builder Reply with quote

Thanks for the sneak peek. It looks interesting...are we going to have to change from Beacon, then?

outpost8
www.harvestministry.us
barry3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lfallin wrote:
Hi autumntraces,

Thank you for your suggestion! I will definitely pass this along to the "powers that be" in upper manangement here at OCC. We are in the process of creating a new version of the Beacon web builder which should be available for everyone in June. Within this new version of Beacon there will be added security features for the Guestbook.

Thank you again for your suggestion!

In His Service,
Lisa Fallin
OurChurch.Com

So, the new Web Builder will have this added security for the Guestbook that Lisa Fallin mentioned in another forum?
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: WOW Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments and questions. I'll do my best to answer as many questions as possible...

count-your-blessings wrote:
Is there an estimated time frame for rollout?

Not yet.

I don't guess you could share any more of what the template backgrounds may look like? (Stock photos - that kinda makes me cringe. Not fond of the stock people photos.) I am sure that there will be many options Wink of format and color scheme. Question

The three screenshots I posted should give you a good idea of what the templates will look like. Perhaps what's not clear is which aspects of the screenshots are the templates and which are user content. In the first screenshot, everything but text in the big box that starts with "Welcome" is the template. That includes all the colors and the image of the family with the green background at the top. Same thing with the second screenshot - the template includes the image of the sky at the top as well as the woman with the clouds the background.

In the third screenshot, the items in the big box in the middle are user content and not a part of the template including "Welcome..." and the image of the 3 people, "About us" and the of the building, and "Products and Services" and the image of the person and flip chart. So, if you were to use this template your site would have the greenish image of the sky and map at the top as well as the black image with the white dots on the left.

I do appreciate how user friendly that the Beacon has been and am very thankful for the service. (I hate to see it go. Sad ) But I am sure OCC will have great new versatility!

I agree that Beacon's ease of use is one if it's greatest assets. We're working very hard to make sure the new web builder is just as easy to use.

outpost8 wrote:
Thanks for the sneak peek. It looks interesting...are we going to have to change from Beacon, then?

Eventually, yes, however, there will be an lenthy transition time. We are also developing tools that will transfer most of each site automatically.

barry3 wrote:
So, the new Web Builder will have this added security for the Guestbook that Lisa Fallin mentioned in another forum?

Yes.
autumntraces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Regarding New Beacon Web Builder Reply with quote

With the new upcoming Beacon Web Builder, will everyone be able to access it or just the individuals with the bronze, silver or gold sites, or will everyone have to pay to access the tools? Just curious. I really do like the new layouts though! Laughing
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding New Beacon Web Builder Reply with quote

autumntraces wrote:
With the new upcoming Beacon Web Builder, will everyone be able to access it or just the individuals with the bronze, silver or gold sites, or will everyone have to pay to access the tools? Just curious. I really do like the new layouts though! Laughing

Usage of the new web builder will be similar to Beacon. Everyone will have access to the core functionality, and some advanced features will be reserved for higher-end packages.
djsasygirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to this cahnge. I know that anything OCC does is always great! I have my site here and have been here several years now. GBU, DJ
betheltoledo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the peek! They look beautiful! I have one concern. Our church had a website with another webhost (not nearly as great as you, though!) and then they upgraded and we couldn't upgrade with them because our church has an old computer with old versions of Windows and Internet Explorer. Those old versions evidently weren't compatible with the new upgraded versions for their new websites. It had a happy ending because we found you. Smile That isn't going to happen to us again, is it? Question Please say that we'll be able to keep our website with you guys. We love you guys! Very Happy

Who does God want to love through you today?
casadelalfarero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: New web builder Reply with quote

Is AWSOME I can wait. Razz Laughing
count-your-blessings
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Well, we appreciate the preview Reply with quote

And we look forward to the roll out because I am sure that whatever the changes, they'll be great AND user friendly ( Laughing ) for folks like me!

THANKS - as always, for a great service.

Sheila
barry3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait either, it looks like some exciting new modern templates to me. Thanks beforehand for the enhancements! Mr. Green

Yes and we do appreciate you OCC!
ablife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: new web builder Reply with quote

Hey looks great! I am no web guru and any help I can get is great! I would like to request spell check as an option when building. If it's currently offered on Beacon can you tell me how to use it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: