MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Do you Want in a School Website?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: What Do you Want in a School Website? Reply with quote

OCC has already developed Custom CMS Express versions for churches, businesses, and musicians. Now we're beginning development of a Custom CMS Express for Schools, and you have the opportunity to help shape that development. If you're a teacher, principal, administrator, parent, or student let us know what functionality you would love to see in a school website. How about online tuition payment? Field trip sign-up? Homework assignmens for every class? What else? Even if you don't anticipate your school purchasing this service, we would love to see your suggestions in this forum discussion. Thanks!

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

Last edited by pdstein on Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
billmagnuson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

i am very interested in this program that you are talking about. I would like to hear more from your end as to what you already have planned to see if ai could add more to what you are considering. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Bill Magnuson
Sr Pastor of the House of David Ministries School of Discipleship and Revelation University

www,thehouseofdavidministries.org
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pastor Magnuson,

We are in the early stages of developing the Custom CMS Express for Schools, but we already have all the functionality we've developed for the other flavors of our Custom CMS Express service. If you're not already familiar with this service, you can read more about it here:
http://www.ourchurch.com/design/cms-content-management.php

You can also see a list of all the functionality (components) we already have available on our consultation request form:
http://www.ourchurch.com/design/free-web-design-consulting.php

At this point we are trying to determine what additional functionality we could add that would be particularly useful for schools. So, if you could have everything you ever wanted in a website, what would it be?
dorothyoneil

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: This would be wonderful addition! Reply with quote

I see this post is a few months old, but thought I'd make some suggestions anyway. I like all of the following you suggested:
online tuition payment
Field trip sign-up
Homework assignments for every class

I would add:
A Blog from the superintendent/principal
A forum for students and parents to be able to ask questions of teachers or email for each teacher.
Would there be a way for the teachers to post grades for parents and students to see without others seeing? That would be helpful for the child struggling with classes. learning disabilities etc. the parents can stay on top of the situation.

Maybe those things don't have to do with functionality but more with design? I know nothing about computers.

As a parent I know I when I go to school websites, I like to have a clear idea of their statement of faith, rules or guidelines or handbook posted so I can download it and read it later.

God bless
Dottie ONeil, just a mom Smile
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dottie,

Thanks for your message. Those are some great suggestions. It's great to hear ideas from lots of different perspectives especially those of parents.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: