MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blogs discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Blogs discussion Reply with quote

February is Blogs Month at OurChurch.Com, so we want to initiate a discussion about blogging issues.

- Do you have a blog? If so, post a message about why you started blogging and what impact it has had on your website and your organization.

- If you are considering starting a blog, what questions do you have? What is holding you back?

- If you've got a blog but it's not everything you had hoped it would be, what challenges are you facing?

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com

Last edited by pdstein on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
revwayne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I do have site with OCC & very well pleased with it. But I am computer limited. Where can I get good info on blogging & what it exactly is . I am interested in blogging to get the Gospel out where ever I can. Thanks & be blessed. Embarassed
HALLOW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Blogging Reply with quote

I am interesting in finding out more information about blogging. I am learning the computer and every oppotunity to share with others the love of our Father and Creator.

Agape
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for joining the conversation.

Before you start thinking about writing a blog, it's best to gain experience as a reader of blogs. By reading a variety of different types of blogs you can get an idea of what is possible and get a feel for what makes for a good blog.

There are two articles in our Christian Web Trends blog that I would recommend.

http://blog.ourchurch.com/2006/02/22/introducing-the-christian-web-trends-blog/

http://blog.ourchurch.com/2006/02/28/who-me-blog/

After that you might want to check out http://www.technorati.com It's like a search engine for blogs. There you can find blogs about every subject imagineable.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
revwayne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bro. Paul for this information. I will start praying today to be able to use your info & GOD's direction to get blogging thru our OCC website for the building of the Kingdom.

Hallow, thank you for your reply. I pray that the mind of CHRIST that is in you manifest all the wisdom you need for spreadng the one & only true Gospel to the world. Be blessed & never look back.

revwayne
inspirationalgift

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Why I Blog . . . Reply with quote

Because I love it! Laughing I always enjoyed writing stories and poems. Blogging my true stories, original poems and gift ideas is a great tie into my web sites. I have 2 web sites and 2 Blogs.

My Angel Stories, Angel Poems, Angel Gifts Blog at http://angelcloudgifts.blogspot.com/ links in well with my Angel Cloud Gifts web site at http://storesonline.com/site/angel-figurine-gift.

My Inspirational Christian Stories, Poems, Gifts Blog at http://inspirationalgifts.blogspot.com/ links in well with my Inspirational Gift Gallery web site at http://storesonline.com/site/inspirationalgift.

Please visit my Blogs and leave comments. I receive a few hundred unique visitors per month at each of my Blogs but people don't seem to comment unless they are totally unrelated, non-Christian advertisements Shocked which I do not allow. Come join in the Blogging fun and leave some comments on my original stories and poems. I would really like to know what Christian people think of my work!

Also, I am interested in your true stories and original poems. Very Happy If you would like to submit an angel theme or inspirational Christian theme writing to either of my Blogs (with your signature link is included) please submit them to inspirationalgift@yahoo.com

I would like to start Blog link exchanging so if you have an angel theme or Christian theme Blog and you are interested in exchanging links with either or both of my Blogs, email me at inspirationalgift@yahoo.com Let's help each other's Blog be successful! Wink

Blogging is good for my faith. It makes me sit down and look at my everyday experiences and how they inspired me and can inspire others in their faith. My original stories and poems are light in nature not preachy. I leave the preaching to the ministers who are more qualified than I. Wink Hopefully my Blog writings will draw in some Christian who are questioning their faith and inspire them to turn towards God and Jesus Christ for strength and answers in their lives. Smile

Elaine K Stephen
Work at Home Christian Mom
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine,

Thanks for your post. It's great to hear first hand about how blogging has had a positive impact for your website as well as your relationship with God.

Your ideas of tying in your blog with related gift products and exchanging links with other related blogs are both great.

- Paul
revwayne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Elaine for your post & blog sites. GREAT Angel site as well. Really enjoyed your Thanksgiving post of what your were thankful for!! Your site really was easy to read & very enlightening for a beginner blogger, thanks

Be Blessed in JESUS,
revwayne Very Happy
brotom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Blogging Reply with quote

I am a relative newbe to blogging. I like wordpress (http://www.wordpress.com) for my blogs rather than blogger. I like they have catigories but they do not have the freedom of desgin blogger does. I guess everything has something of a trade off Rolling Eyes

But on the postive side I find since I have been blogging I have had more hits on my website as well. On the downside most comments are spam and I wind up having to delete them. It also keeps me on my toes as I try to get at least four post a month up on my blog. Check out my blog and let me know what you think.

Arrow http://brtom.wordpress.com
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brotom, thanks for your post.

Just to clarify for everyone else here, Wordpress offers software you can install into your own hosting account and they also offer a blogging service (aka hosted solution) where everything is already installed and hosted on their servers. brotom is using the Wordpress blogging service.

OurChurch.Com uses the Wordpress blogging software. That software can be installed into any Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze account hosted at OurChurch.Com in just a few clicks through the Fantastico option in the cPanel control panel.

brotom, you referenced a very important issue for blogs - dealing with comment spam. Our blog gets upwards of 100 spam comments a day. Fortunately, we have a very good spam filtering plugin installed (Spam Karma - yes, I know the name stinks for a Christian blog). If anyone who currently blogs has an comments about the way their service/software deals with comment spam or any general tips about comment spam, I'm sure everyone would appreciate them.
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to mention here that we've published a new article in our blog:

How to start a blog

Hope you all find it informative.

- Paul
mrbhopechristian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: christian blog site Reply with quote

Is there not a Christian blog site?

If not, why not lead the way for us Paul?

Also, I haven't heard anything from my question about the two murmurers who didn't like some of the ourchurch sponsors.

Do we have any sponsors that are too worldly?

Let me know.

Mike Barford
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: christian blog site Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

mrbhopechristian wrote:
Is there not a Christian blog site?

If not, why not lead the way for us Paul?

There are several Christian blog sites. It's been a while since I've looked around and evaluated them. Unfortunately, a few of the sites that I would have said were the best and most inovative Christian blog sites a year ago have either been discontinued or haven't been updated for months. I guess that's what happens sometimes when a site is someone's personal ministry and work or family issues crop up. This would be a good topic to research and blog about.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has any recommendations about a Christian blog site.

- Paul
Candle
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a blog in Yahoo 360 Smile

http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-Nr6GRLAmc6.Ah9ZGOnZlLqqWU4BpAII7z.b1;_ylt=AvUA6SdRGzykpPqlq6Dak860AOJ3

Not sure this will work.

I post prayers I write on this blog and I thinkl its a good site

Am i to understand that Occ have a blog if so I cannot find it.
Candle
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I attach this blog to my website if so how. Very Happy Thank You
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: