Joined: 14 Jun 2005
|Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:19 pm Post subject: Search Newsletter - November 2006
|Greetings fellow webmasters,
This time of year there is surge Internet activity as people prepare for Christmas. OurChurch.Com has a number of opportunities to help you steer more of that activity to your website - a new Christian search engine, changes to our Christian directory, and a special focus on tools and information for e-commerce. It's a newsletter you want to be sure to read in full.
You are receiving this email because you have a website listed in OurChurch.Com's search engine. If you'd like to unsubscribe see the instructions at the bottom. View this message on the web with color and graphics in our newsletter archives at:
IN THIS ISSUE
1) OCC Launches New Christian Search Engine
2) OCC Christian Directory Gets a Makeover
3) Opportunities for E-commerce Sites
4) New Website Development Service for Businesses
5) Are You Ready for the Christmas Rush?
<------------- Advertisement -------------->
Website audio the easy way. Learn how in less than 2 hours.
<------------- Advertisement -------------->
1) OCC LAUNCHES NEW CHRISTIAN SEARCH ENGINE
Yesterday, OurChurch.Com launched a new Christian search engine powered by Google's custom search engine service. To ensure the integrity of this new Christian search engine, it has been configured to only display results from websites already reviewed for our directory.
The new search engine is an improvement over not just OurChurch.Com's Directory of Christian Websites but over all Christian directories because of the inherent advantages search engines have over directories. First of all, Google’s superior ranking algorithm will provide better, more relevant results. Second, Google’s results also have the advantage of being based on a search of the actual text on each web page, whereas directories are based on a search of a short description submitted by the site owner. Finally, Google has the capability to index every page of a website compared with a directory which includes one entry per site.
A beta version of OurChurch.Com’s new Christian search engine is available at:
During this beta phase, OCC will continue to provide default search results from its directory. OurChurch.Com is asking users to evaluate both its directory and new Google-powered search engine and submit feedback and comments through an online survey:
2) OCC CHRISTIAN DIRECTORY GETS A MAKEOVER
In addition to launching the new search engine, OurChurch.Com has also updated the appearance of its Directory of Christian Websites. Links have been added on the main page of the directory for each category, giving it more of the look and feel of a directory and helping to distinguish it from the new search engine.
3) OPPORTUNITIES FOR E-COMMERCE SITES
November is E-commerce Month at OurChurch.Com. All this month we've been focusing on helping businesses and ministries better understand e-commerce issues and implement e-commerce solutions more effectively. We have some special offers on hosting. We're giving away an iPod Nano. We've got blog articles and forum discussions on e-commerce issues. There are less than 2 days left in November, but there's still time for you to take advantage of these opportunities.
4) NEW WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT SERVICE FOR BUSINESSES
Earlier this month, OurChurch.Com announced a new, specialized version of our Custom CMS Express website design service - Custom CMS Express for Business. With this new service, you select the design and features you want. OurChurch.Com will install an amazing, interactive CMS, configure it with the features you select, develop a unique design to your specifications, and train you over the phone. Custom CMS Express sites start as low as $998 and can be created in as little as five business days. Whether your business is big or small, an e-commerce or more traditional business, OurChurch.Com can create a custom website that meets your companies unique needs. See how OurChurch.Com can help take your website and your company to the next level.
5) ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHRISTMAS RUSH?
With Thanksgiving a distant memory except for that extra inch around the waistline, the Christmas season is upon us. While we're all aware of the dramatic increase in activity on e-commerce sites, it is also a time of increased spiritual activity. People are looking online not just for Christmas gifts, but for the Christmas story, Christmas services, Christmas devotionals, and more. Consider adding something for the Christmas season to your website. It's also more important than ever to make sure your listing in our directory is up to date and your site is available in our new search engine.
Thanks for using OurChurch.Com's search engine and for listing your site(s). Be sure to check and update your search listings regularly so that they bring the most visitors possible to your site. Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter here in our forums.
In His Service,
OCC Quick Links
- OurChurch.Com homepage - http://www.ourchurch.com
- Website hosting - http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/
- Custom website designs - http://www.ourchurch.com/design/
- Marketing services - http://marketing.ourchurch.com
- Christian Advertising - http://www.ourchurch.com/advertising/
- Partner/Affiliate program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
- Christian Search - http://www.ourchurch.com/search/
- Daily scripture - http://www.e-dification.com
- Christian Web Trends Blog - http://blog.ourchurch.com
- OCC message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
- OCC status board - http://status.ourchurch.com
- OCC help pages - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/
- OCC help desk - http://www.ourchurch.com/support/
TOP PARTNERS FROM OCTOBER
- A Christian Counselor - http://achristiancounselor.com
- Agape Love Ministries - http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/agapeloveministries/index.html
- Free Christian resource - http://www.ranks1.com
- 4 Hurting Christians Resources - http://www.4hurtingchristians.com/
Info on Spread the WWWord! partnership program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
"When someone does a search, why do google ads come up before those Christian companies you are trying to promote?" - anonymous
Sound off on our message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
SEARCH TIP O' THE MONTH
Try out OurChurch.Com's new Christian search engine, check to be sure you can find your site in it, and give us your opinion in the accompanying online survey.