MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keywords

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doublec22000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Keywords Reply with quote

I'm still "real new" at this whole website "thing". Seem to be picking up pretty quickly, but I still have problems with "Keywords". Can anyone tell me, is there any particular requirements for keywords? and is there any certain "program" that can help me with key word creation?
Question
My site is located at http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/First_Baptist
any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Steven Reid (doublec22000)
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steven,

Keywords are simply words or phrases which describe your website. You may also think of them as search terms. If someone were searching for a website like yours, what word or phrase would they enter into the search engine. For example, your website is for a Baptist Church in Claysville, PA. You may want to use keywords like: Baptist, Baptist church, Claysville Pensylvania, etc. You may also want to choose words or phrases that describe what the highlights of your church or the what focus of your church is.

I hope this has helped.

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
outpost8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: keywords Reply with quote

Hi, Steven,

We found the OCC Website Design and Marketing Tutorial extremely helpful when we were building and refining our site with no prior knowledge of what any of the terms meant. Check it out at http://www.12stepstoasuccessfulwebsite.com/

Step 2 specifically addresses keywords.

Blessings,

outpost8
www.harvestministry.us
JIG_MINISTRIES
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: keywords Reply with quote

This is the html code for keywords:

Code:
<META name="keywords" content="ADD YOUR OWN KEYWORDS HERE">

Keywords tells exactly what your site is about. They are used for when people do a serch for certain topics (jesus, christian, music, bible, studies, etc) your site will come up. Seperate keywords by a comma. You want to give the highlights of your site when listing keywords and try not to repeat any keywords.

Ours looks like this:

Code:
<META name="keywords" content="christian, christianity, jesus, christ, messiah, father, god, spirit, godhead, oneness, prophecy, endtime, kjv, bibles, studies, religions, endtimes, dreams, visions, post tribulation, posttrib, rapture, history, disasters, news, politics, salvation, 666, baptism, homeless, prayer, wars, nwo, peace, tabs,  religion, occults, kjv, teens, books, videos, audios, music, world, leaders, testimonies, women, ministries, churches, mideast, abortion, photos, bible, studies, poetry, memorials, photos, games, health, harmonica, tabs, banners, petitions, tables, charts, maps , classifieds, prophetic, advertise, ads, links, music, forum, chat, group, newsletter, prayer, exposure, doctrine, women, petitions, harmonica, tabs, products, health, donate, donations, history, trackers, funraisers">

Hope this helps you.
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIG_MINISTRIES,

Thank you for the info. I wanted to clearify, the Keyword META tag should be used when you create your website with Frontpage, a similar program or on your own with HTML. However, when using the BEACON web builder, you cannot use META tags. Instead, login to your webmaster page and click the "Edit Titles and Headers" link. The Titles and Headers are used for the META tags for the website.

Have a great day!

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
doublec22000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: re-guarding keywords Reply with quote

Many thanks for the information.It gives me a clearer understanding on exactly how to use them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: