MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Webmaster newsletter - September 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Webmaster newsletter - September 2005 Reply with quote

Hello OurChurch.Com webmasters,

View this message on the web with color and graphics in our newsletter archives at:
http://www.ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=177314

IN THIS ISSUE
=============
1) Last Chance to Save on Christmas Advertising
2) Half-Price Special on Ad-Free Option
3) Search Registration Specials Extended
4) OCC Search Engine Improvements
5) Will Your Site Be Suspended?
6) What's My Status?

<-------- newsletter sponsor --------->
Does Your Web Site Offer a Newsletter?
Create email newsletters with ease - 90 templates.
FREE TRIAL at www.ministrycontact.com/ourchurch
<-------- newsletter sponsor --------->

1) LAST CHANCE TO SAVE ON CHRISTMAS ADVERTISING
If your website offers anything that can be given as a Christmas gift, now is the time to think about advertising for the Christmas season. Do you run a Christian book/supply store? Are you an author? A musician? An artist? Books, CDs, art, handmade jewelry, and crafts are some of the most popular Christmas gifts given each year.

To help make your Christmas greener, OurChurch.Com is selling advertising for October, November, and December on eBay at a tremendous discount. A three-month sponsorship that will bring 15,000+ visitors and normally costs $900 starts at just $300. Blocks of banner advertising that will bring 1,000-2,000 visitors and normally cost $250 start at just $100. Auction ends tomorrow - Wednesday, September 21.
http://forums.ourchurch.com/viewtopic.php?t=163

2) HALF-PRICE SPECIAL ON AD-FREE OPTION
A quick and easy way to improve the appearance of your site and reduce distractions to your visitors is to have the ads removed. Through the end of the month get a year of the ad-free option for half-price - just $60. Please note that this offer is only available through September 30, so don't miss out on this opportunity.

If you already have the ad-free option, you may renew for another year now at the discounted rate. If you recently purchased or renewed the ad-free option, we're sorry but we can't offer full or partial refunds or credit you with additional months. There is no discounted 6-month term; you must purchase a full year for $60 to receive this special offer.
http://forums.ourchurch.com/viewtopic.php?t=89

3) SEARCH REGISTRATION SPECIALS EXTENDED
We have extended the two special offers on our new Christian Search Engine Registration service through the end of September. With our Christian Search Engine Registration Service, we will register your website with more than 50 Christian search engines and directories for only $60. Here are the special offers:

- Purchase our Guaranteed Top Search Ranking service and receive our Christian Search Engine Registration service absolutely free. That's a $60 savings.
http://marketing.ourchurch.com/view/page189752.php

- Purchase our new Christian Search Engine Registration service and receive our Basic Search Engine Registration service absolutely free. That's a $50 savings.
http://marketing.ourchurch.com/view/page113660.php

Again, these specials are due to expire September 30.

4) OCC SEARCH ENGINE IMPROVEMENTS
Last week we announced in our Search Newsletter several improvements to the OCC Christian search engine. Search results have been improved, inactive sites have been removed, and a new search review reminder system has been implemented. If you did not receive that newsletter or haven't read it, we encourage you to do so now.
http://forums.ourchurch.com/viewtopic.php?t=161

5) WILL YOUR SITE BE SUSPENDED?
The biggest change regarding our search engine, however, affects sites hosted by OurChurch.Com like yours. We are going to begin temporarily suspending OCC-hosted sites with unresolved search review issues if we do not receive a response from the webmaster concerning the search review within 4 weeks of the initial review.

When a webmaster builds a new site at OurChurch.Com a search listing is submitted for review. If two weeks later, we review the site and find we need additional information before we can approve the site, the webmaster is sent an email notification. If after two weeks we do not receive a reply from the webmaster, a second notice is sent. If after another two weeks we still have not received a response, another email notification will be sent and the site will be temporarily suspended until the webmaster responds.

6) WHATíS MY STATUS?
To get a comprehensive report on the status of all of your listings in OurChurch.Comís search engine, please go to our Search Report form at http://www.ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=10 and enter your email address. You will automatically receive a report on all of the search listings associated with that specific email address. Search listings registered with another username or different email address will not appear in that report.

Additionally, webmasters of OCC-hosted sites can see the status of their search listing by logging into their webmaster page and looking in the right column about half way down the page.

Thanks for hosting your website at OurChurch.Com. Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter here in our forums.

In His Service,
OurChurch.Com
peezy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to think i am not suspended!!! I have just endured Hurricaine Katrina and have no income at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is my full intention to upgrade my website, but not on your terms, on the Lords!!!!!!!!! As soon as He blesses me!!!!!

I dont appreciate your time limits.

Thank You
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi peezy,

I am sorry to hear that you have been hit by hurricane Katrina. I pray that the Lord will bring you though this time and bless you. We are happy to continue to support your ministry with your free website. We are not saying that your site would be suspended because it is a free site. We are refering to our new search engine policy. We review every site for our search engine and to make sure we continue to host only Christian websites and websites hosted by Christians. When we review a site, if we cannot determine whether or not a site is a Christian site we send an email requesting more information. Our new policy is that if someone doesn't respond to this request with 4 weeks, we will temporarily suspend their site. This will improve the service of our Search Engine. If a site is suspended they can simply respond to our request for more information and, assuming there are no further issues, we will reactivate their site.

Your site has already been included in our search engine, so you have nothing to worry about. I apologize for any confusion.

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
nittnr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I host 2 personal christian websites and one church website. Are you saying we have to spend money to keep our sites active? The reason I use ourchurch.com is because the sites I have are free and am unable to spend the money to update. I believe my sites are on search engines.
Thank You.
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nittnr,

No, we are not saying that you have to spend money to keep your websites active. We have and will always offer free websites to Christian organizations and individuals. If you currently have a free website, your website will remain free.

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: