MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Churches, Sound Off on Audio Issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Gold, Silver, and Bronze Accounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Churches, Sound Off on Audio Issues Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Let's talk about issues related to putting audio on your church website. I'm going to throw out a few questions here to get things started...

- Do you have audio on your church's website?

- If not, what is holding you back? What challenges are you finding it difficult to overcome?

- If you do, what software or other tools do you use? Do you have any suggestions or advice do you have for those who have yet to put audio on their church's site?

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Daddyo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Trouble with audio transfer Reply with quote

So far I muddled my way through all of my web sites set-up. I am however having trouble setting up 60 min. sermons?
I just don't seem to be able to grasp it and set it up.
Daddyo
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble with audio transfer Reply with quote

Daddyo wrote:
So far I muddled my way through all of my web sites set-up. I am however having trouble setting up 60 min. sermons?
I just don't seem to be able to grasp it and set it up.
Daddyo

Hi Daddyo, have you read the help page on recorded audio?

http://www.ourchurch.com/help/help-audio.php

Which step of the process are you stuck on?

- Creating the audio file?
- Transfering the audio file into your account?
- Setting up a link to the audio file on your website?

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Daddyo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I transfered the audio file to the public html in cpanel. created the link in my web site and instead of playing from the site it waited to find my cd player.?
I won't get back to you till Wednesday am.
Thanks,
Daddyo
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I transfered the audio file to the public html in cpanel. created the link in my web site and instead of playing from the site it waited to find my cd player.?
I won't get back to you till Wednesday am.
Thanks,
Daddyo

Hi Daddyo,

I checked your website and I don't see any recorded audio files that have been uploaded or a link on your site. Did you delete the file and link? If so, could you please try to upload the file again and link to it? Also, if you would like to use the audio file with your multimedia page, you will need to upload it to the /public_html/view/uploads/ directory.

Thanks.

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Daddyo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day to you and thanks for your help.

I have managed to rip[ a sermon in wma. form and have uploadeded it to this location: http://www.ncwochurch.org/Pastor%20Kevin%20Gallagher%20-%20ncwo%20service.wma

However I don't know how to link it in the media page. I tried to load it up as a graphic and only got 2:42 minutes. I'm sorry for the inconvience to you but I just cant wrap my mind around the instructions. Once I done it I will be able to repeat it.

God Bless,
Daddyo
Daddyo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay this is where I stand right now. I created the public view folder directory. I converted the audio to a wma. file. I compressed 560 mb's to 56 mbs (meduim) I uploaded a partial set of tracks 1-4, 17-20 to see if I could get it to work. What is it that I should do next To set it on my media page?
I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time.
Daddyo
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daddyo,

It looks like you sucessfully uploaded and put the Pastor_Kevin_Gallagher_-_ncwo_service.wma file on your website. Good job.

The other files, however, were uploaded to the "public_html" folder instead of the /public_html/view/uploads/ folder. So you will need to move these files into the correct folder in order to use them with your multimedia page. To do this login into your cPanel page and click the "File Manager" link in the middle collumn. Then double click the "public_html" folder icon. In the "public_html" folder you should see your audio files. Click on the TEXT of the file name that you want to move. When you click on the text you will see some options appear in the top, right of the page. In those options, click the "Move File" link. You will then see a list of folders on the left. Double click the "public_html" folder icon. Then double click the "view" folder icon. Finally, click the TEXT for the "uploads" folder. This will move the file into the uploads folder. You will need to do this for each audio file.

Once you have moved the files, you will be able to select them in your multimedia page the same way you put the Pastor_Kevin_Gallagher_-_ncwo_service.wma file on your site.

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Daddyo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Thank you ! Reply with quote

Thanks so much, I have now brought all the audio files in to the view folder and renamed them with a .wma . Now if you will be patient with me and explain how to put them in to the media page I would be grateful.

When I did the first Pastor Kevin it was just one track uploaded in the graphic up-loader. I still don't understand how to make all the audio files available at one time . Is there a script that has to be written? Or a link? Then what makes it play 1-20? Such as in streaming audio?

Kind regards,
Daddyo
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daddyo,

You've got to put them in the uploads folder which is inside the view folder. I would also suggest you rename the files so they don't have spaces in their filenames. Not sure that would be an issue, but it could prevent complications.

Once you've done that, add a multimedia page to your site (if you haven't already done so). Then when you go in to edit the multimedia page, click the button to add an item to that page.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Daddyo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: One more issue? Reply with quote

Thank you Paul for your help. I still have one more issue. The full sermon is in 20 tracks all of which are uploaded into the view upload folder as you said. Now how do I get the media page to play 1-20 continually. Is there a notepad file that I have to make? I noticed in help that you point to this for Real audio players but do not show it for WMA's?
This is myt last issue that I need to overcome and then i will be on my own.
I'm so grateful for all your help!

GBU,
Daddyo Laughing
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good questions. Yes, you're on the right track. Using a text editor like Notepad, just list the full URLs of the audio files like:

http://www.ncwochurch.org/view/uploads/01 developing.wma
http://www.ncwochurch.org/view/uploads/02 developing.wma

Save the file with .wax at the end of it, upload it into the uploads folder, and then link to that .wax file on your multimedia page.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Daddyo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: I got It !!! Reply with quote

Hi Paul,
Well I finally got it on-board, Our first sermon on line is up and available.
Now I tried to put a second one on board and lost the upload. The file manager shows that the disk space was reduced but the files are no where to be found.
I reloaded tracks 1,2,3,4 13 ,14 just to see if it was working and checked overwrite existing files. It reduced my disk usage space even more but this time there were some files on-board.
This is Pastor Larry "The Will" .
Any thoughts as to where they went to?
Thanks again for all your help and hopefully someone else will be able to look at this forum and get ti right the first time.
GBU,
Daddyo
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daddyo,

Did you manage to resolve this since your last post? I looked in your view/uploads folder and I see 20 files making up the "developing" message and 22 files making up the "The Will" message.

Quote:
Thanks again for all your help and hopefully someone else will be able to look at this forum and get ti right the first time.

That's my hope as well. Thanks for being willing to talk this out in a public setting like this for the benefit of others.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Daddyo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Paul,
Things are looking good so far. Both sermons are up and running and I'm looking forward to doing many more. Is there a way to increase storage space so as to have a few more sermons on line? We have 5 speakers all together that rotate in and out. Would love to archive ten or so sermons
but it appears the I'm pulling 50-60 MB's for each one. I compressed them at 128 kbs. Would compressing them at 68 kbs do them justice or would I really loose sound quality?

You have been a great help,
Daddyo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Gold, Silver, and Bronze Accounts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: