Joined: 14 Jun 2005
|Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:00 am Post subject: Employment Opportunity: Website Designer/Developer
OurChurch.Com, a leading provider of website design, hosting, marketing, and advertising services to Christian individuals & organizations is seeking to add a self-motivated, friendly, and intelligent person to our team to serve as a Web Designer/Developer. The position of Website Designer/Developer will involve the maintenance and redesign of the OurChurch.Com (OCC) website, design/development of websites for customers, as well as other website and graphic design as assigned.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
* Installation, configuration, and maintenance of content management systems (CMSs)
* Leading the ongoing development of OCC's Custom CMS Express service
* Interaction with customers by phone, email, and in-person
* Writing proposals and contracts for potential customers
* Training of customer on websites
* Training and supervising of junior OCC staff on website design/development
* Website development
* Graphic Design
* Maintenance of OurChurch.Com website
* In-person meetings, phone meetings, and performance reviews with OurChurch.Com staff
Character: This person must a Christian. The person must be self-motivated and able to work from home with no direct supervision and little direction. The individual must possess leadership skills and a vision for the future of Christian website development. He or she must have good communication skills. The individual must have a friendly, courteous, and professional attitude. The person must be very patient and not easily frustrated. He or she should also view the position as more than just a job but as a ministry of Christian service helping other Christians in ministry.
Competence: This person must have a thorough understanding and experience designing websites with HTML and CSS. He or she must have knowledge and experience in graphic design. The individual must also have experience with content management systems, preferably with Joomla. The person must have professional experience developing websites for paying clients and be able to understand, communicate with and manage clients effectively. This person should have a basic understanding of FTP, Linux shell commands, PHP, and MySQL so that they are able to do installation and basic debugging of PHP scripts.
Logistics: Individual will work from their home preferably in the Tampa Bay area and be available for occasional meetings, company activities, and client meetings. They must have a desktop or notebook computer running Windows XP and a Broadband Internet connection. They must have a phone with a headset so they can type, take notes, and navigate the web while on the phone with customers and other OCC staff. OCC will provide a broadband phone line which will work through the individualís broadband Internet connection.
Working from home has many benefits, but can also have many distractions (Spouse, roommates, children, TV, home projects, etc...) Although we know that some of these cannot be completely removed, the individual must be able to perform their job with minimal interruptions.
* On average, the position will require 35-45 hours per week, however, there may be some weeks that more time is will be required. If more than 40 hours is worked, the individual will be paid for the additional hours at their normal hourly rate.
* Time worked will be shared between working on customer projects and internal OCC projects.
* Individual will be compensated as a contractor. They will be responsible for their own federal income tax & social security withholdings, and payroll taxes.
* Paychecks will be mailed by USPS every two weeks.
* Individual will be responsible for their own office expenses including but not limited to computers and accessories, internet access, office supplies, etc.
* Estimated compensation will range from $35K-$60K depending on experience, education, knowledge, and hours worked.
* Paid time off: Individual will earn time off at a rate of 10 personal days per year. They will also be given 6 paid holidays per year (New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.)
Applicants should email a cover letter, a copy of their resume, and a link to their portfolio to jobs (at) ourchurch.com.
In His Service,