Joined: 14 Jun 2005
|Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:25 am Post subject: Search Newsletter - June 2006
|Greetings fellow webmasters,
Searching the web has now become the #2 online activity behind email. The continued explosive growth of search engines and searching provides a great opportunity to bring more visitors to your Christian website if you know how to make the most of it. We'll you show you how here in our bi-monthly search newsletter.
View this message on the web with color and graphics in our newsletter archives at:
IN THIS ISSUE
1) Save on Bronze Package and Ad-Free
2) Site Tools Increase OCC Search Traffic
3) Online Search Continues Explosive Growth
4) Christian Web Trends Blog Heating Up
<-------------------- Advertisement -------------------->
Got a product, service you'd like Christians to see?
Advertise here, get noticed by 1000s of Christian webmasters
<-------------------- Advertisement -------------------->
1) SAVE ON BRONZE PACKAGE AND AD-FREE
For the month of June OurChurch.Com is offering a year of our Bronze package and a Ad-free option together for just $179. That's a savings of $46, or more than 20%, off our regular prices. The Bronze package includes a free domain name, free set-up and configuration of your domain name, unlimited web pages, 200 megs of disk space, 4 gigs of bandwidth, 50 email accounts, audio and video capability, and more than 50 pre-installed scripts like forums, chat rooms, photo albums, and shopping carts. The Ad-free option removes all ads from your site, giving you a clean, professional looking website. More information about hosting packages and options can be found at:
2) SITE TOOLS INCREASE OCC SEARCH TRAFFIC
In November 2005 OurChurch.Com added a new "Site Tools" feature to its Beacon web builder. The Site Tools enable OCC webmasters to add a toolbar to the right side of their website that includes local weather, Bible search, an OCC Christian Search tool, and more. More than 5,000 OurChurch.Com-hosted sites now have the OCC Christian Search tool on their sites making it possible for visitors to those sites to search OurChurch.Com's search engine.
In the 6 months since Site Tools has launched, there has been a 35% increase in searches of OurChurch.Com's Directory of Christian site making your listing in the search engine more valuable than ever. Be sure to check your search listing for accuracy and make any necessary updates to optimize it.
3) ONLINE SEARCH CONTINUES EXPLOSIVE GROWTH
According to Nielsen/NetRatings, Google, Yahoo, and MSN saw a collective 28% increase in searches over the last year. As the major search engines continue to refine their search ranking algorithms, getting "quality links" from other sites continues to grow in importance. Christian directories are an excellent source of quality links. That means that having your site listed in Christian directories not only brings increased traffic directly from those directories, but it also helps to improve your search ranking in the major search engines which indirectly increases traffic to your site.
OurChurch.com can list your website in 50 Christian search engines with our Christian Search Engine Registration service. We also guarantee you top 10 rankings in Google, Yahoo!, MSN, and other major search engines with our Guaranteed Top Search Ranking service. You pay a one-time fee for these services and can reap the benefits of valuable search listings for months or even years. Read more about them on our Marketing Services site.
4) CHRISTIAN WEB TRENDS BLOG HEATING UP
If you haven't read our Christian Web Trends Blog lately, you've missed some interesting articles. Pam shared how the Internet made her life-changing trip to Ireland possible. Last week's article concerning the importance of the local church has generated a record 31 comments so far. Yesterday we took a look at Yahoo! Answers as an opportunity for online evangelism. Check out the articles and post your comments.
Thanks for using OurChurch.Com's search engine and for listing your site(s). Be sure to check and update your search listings regularly so that they bring the most visitors possible to your site. Post your comments and questions concerning this newsletter here in our forums.
In His Service,
OCC Quick Links
- OurChurch.Com homepage - http://www.ourchurch.com
- Website hosting - http://www.ourchurch.com/hosting/
- Custom website designs - http://www.ourchurch.com/design/
- Marketing services - http://marketing.ourchurch.com
- Christian Advertising - http://www.ourchurch.com/advertising/
- Partner/Affiliate program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
- Christian Search - http://www.ourchurch.com/search/
- Daily scripture - http://www.e-dification.com
- Christian Web Trends Blog - http://blog.ourchurch.com
- OCC message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
- OCC status board - http://status.ourchurch.com
- OCC help pages - http://www.ourchurch.com/help/
- OCC help desk - http://www.ourchurch.com/support/
TOP PARTNERS FROM MAY
- A Christian Counselor - http://achristiancounselor.com
- Agape Love Ministries - http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/agapeloveministries/index.html
- Echoes of the Heart - http://www.marilynspoetry.com
- Increase your resources while sharing your faith! - http://www.work-at-home-christians.com
Info on Spread the WWWord! partnership program - http://partner.ourchurch.com
"We at Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc. have been with our church.com for two years and also enlisted for the Guaranteed top search ranking which has shown us very good results, besides the good results Kurt and Paul are great fellows to work with, if your looking for more traffic I suggest you try their Guaranteed Top Search program." - circlegtractors
Sound off on our message boards - http://forums.ourchurch.com
SEARCH TIP O' THE MONTH
Having your site listed in Christian directories not only brings increased traffic directly from those directories, but it also helps to improve your search ranking in the major search engines which indirectly increases traffic to your site.