MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missionary Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hindsey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Missionary Website Reply with quote

A good friend of mine is preparing to go to Italy as a career missionary. He has put together what I consider to be a truly fantastic website. As I was looking at it though, it made me ponder - what makes up a good Missionary Website? What should be on a site like that vs. not on the site? So, I thought I'd pose the question and see what kind of responses I get.

I've posted this in a few spots, and haven't gotten too much feedback - so I thought I'd try here.

My friend's site is: www.GospelToItaly.com - I'd be curious if any of you had any thoughts on his site too. It's pretty nice (again, in my opinion!)
filmdavidb
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: What to put on a website Reply with quote

As far as "What to put on a missionary website".
1-Info about the work they are involved in.
2-Prayer requests.
3-Current updates corner.
4-Guestbook
5-Slide show or pics.
6-"Contact us" icon.
7-PayPal option for donations.
9-Free products you might want to offer as a "thank you gift" for giving.
10-Translator (see mine - I can show you how to put it on yours)
11-Audio, sharing the work, the needs, etc.
Check mine - www.DavidFilm.com and see if it may give you ideas.
PS:If you can create video and convert it to MWV or MOV, you can upload it on www.YouTube.com and then create a link on your (or their) website linking to it. Works great, and you can just let YouTUBE worry about the ram usage.
David Film
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hindsey - that's a great question. And filmdavidb - you posted a great response. Here are a few additional things I would add to filmdavidb's list:

• A monthly e-newsletter and a place for visitors to subscribe to receive it by email or RSS feed.
  • Links to any organizations the missionary is associated with.
  • Information about short term missions trips if individuals or small groups are invited to join the missionaries for a couple weeks.
  • A statement of faith

- Paul, OurChurch.Com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: