MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Muslims Go To Heaven?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinasc_embassy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? Reply with quote

This is Very Important,

WILL MUSLIMS MAKE HEAVEN?

Just drop your Mind.
Blessings
www.phdafrica.com/5/Awoi.php
www.awoiembassy.zoomshare.com/:tools
tEL: +(234)803 338 0455
+(234)803 338 7974
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shumer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? Reply with quote

shinasc_embassy wrote:
This is Very Important,

WILL MUSLIMS MAKE HEAVEN?

Just drop your Mind.
Blessings

You're right it is important. The Bible no where teaches a universal salvation. Jesus makes a pretty "narrow-minded" statement when He says -- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Peter proclaims very plainly -- Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

With all respect due, what a Muslim believes is insufficient to take them to Heaven. This is Bible truth. Some may not like it or even call it "bigoted" but that doesn't change the fact -- John 17:17 ∂ Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Blessings...
God answer's knee-mail "Set your affection on things above" [Col. 3:2]
lordlife

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Will Muslims go to Heaven? Reply with quote

Dear Friend,

I can only 'amen' what Pastor Shumer said, because what he said was not his own words or even his own opinion, it is clearly what God says in His Word, the Bible.

It is also good to remember that not ony Muslims are in danger of hell, it is anyone who dies and faces God with the guilt of sin on their record. That can be a nice Muslim, a faithful 'Church-goer', atheist, or even a Pastor who doesn't believe the Gospel!

Here is a test to see if by God's standards (the 10 Commandments) you are good enough to get into Heaven. Have you ever lusted after another person? Then according to Jesus (Matthew 5:28) you've broken God's commandment 'Thou shalt not commit adultery'. Have you ever stolen anything - the value doesn't matter? Then according to God's Law, you are a thief because He says, "Thou shalt not steal". If you have even hated someone in your heart, then you are a murderer (1 John 3:15). So in God's sight because we have broken His commands, we stand Him as lying, thieving, adulterers...and we've only tested ourselves on 3 of the 10 Commandments!!

God's Law is designed to convict our conscience of sin so that we realize that NONE of us can get into Heaven by our our 'righteousness' or goodness. We all fail the test and are sinful in God's eyes. But God loves us and wants none of us to go to hell! God is so rich in grace and mercy that He sent His Son Jesus to live the perfect life that none of us could live perfectly. Innocent of sin, He then went to a cross to take the death penalty our sins deserved. God paid the cost for the sins of the world - to attain that benefit, we simply repent daily of our sins and believe that good news!

So it is not just about being in a religion, it is about being in a right relationship with God. Through Jesus' life, death and resurrection, we are made right with God and forgiven of our sin. His life paid for our crimes! All we do is believe what God has done for us - what great news!! And that message is for Muslims too!!!

Pastor Dan McQuality
Lord of Life Lutheran Church (ELS)
www.lordlife.org
Shumer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Muslims go to Heaven? Reply with quote

lordlife wrote:
I can only 'amen' what Pastor Shumer said, because what he said was not his own words or even his own opinion, it is clearly what God says in His Word, the Bible.

Pastor Dan has good taste! Laughing

lordlife wrote:
It is also good to remember that not ony Muslims are in danger of hell, it is anyone who dies and faces God with the guilt of sin on their record. That can be a nice Muslim, a faithful 'Church-goer', atheist, or even a Pastor who doesn't believe the Gospel!

Quite so! And that is an excellent point to make. I was simply replying to the post in particular.

lordlife wrote:
Here is a test to see if by God's standards (the 10 Commandments) you are good enough to get into Heaven. Have you ever lusted after another person? Then according to Jesus [Matthew 5:28] you've broken God's commandment 'Thou shalt not commit adultery'. Have you ever stolen anything - the value doesn't matter? Then according to God's Law, you are a thief because He says, "Thou shalt not steal". If you have even hated someone in your heart, then you are a murderer (1 John 3:15). So in God's sight because we have broken His commands, we stand Him as lying, thieving, adulterers...and we've only tested ourselves on 3 of the 10 Commandments!!

God's Law is designed to convict our conscience of sin so that we realize that NONE of us can get into Heaven by our our 'righteousness' or goodness. We all fail the test and are sinful in God's eyes. But God loves us and wants none of us to go to hell! God is so rich in grace and mercy that He sent His Son Jesus to live the perfect life that none of us could live perfectly. Innocent of sin, He then went to a cross to take the death penalty our sins deserved. God paid the cost for the sins of the world - to attain that benefit, we simply repent daily of our sins and believe that good news!

So it is not just about being in a religion, it is about being in a right relationship with God. Through Jesus' life, death and resurrection, we are made right with God and forgiven of our sin. His life paid for our crimes! All we do is believe what God has done for us - what great news!! And that message is for Muslims too!!!

And it appears Pastor Dan's been paying attention to Ray Comfort's excellent tips on witnessing! While I have some reservations to his "Comfort-able King James Version" -- even while appreciating his sense of humor in that -- I do think in the main the many witnessing and apologetics tips / articles in his Evidence Bible is great.

Truth -- Bible truth -- certainly separates. As it should. But it can also unify, as here. As it should! Way to go Pastor Dan!

If you'd like to explore the Evidence Bible for yourself, check out this link: http://www.evidencebible.com/

Blessings...
shinasc_embassy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Muslims go to Heaven? Reply with quote

Yes lordLife and Shumer,

A pastor or a member or other religion on the earth who is not born anew is just the same as the muslim faithfuls,cos your doing good cannot get you over there.
Of course that is self righteousness,and the Gospel -Christianity is more than religion it is REALITY.
Im sure those i'm talking to are saved in His Prescious Blood?

But the Muslims tell us no matter how you try to share the truth with them ,they tell you God is One.
But they know that is not true.
In Hausa they Spell God :Allah, so the Islam spell God Allah,but the Pronounciation is different,that only those who Listen discerningly will hear the Difference in Vowel sounds.
But how can we convert the Muslims to the Truth-JesusChrist?

[quote="Shumer"]
lordlife wrote:

Pastor Dan has good taste! Laughing

lordlife wrote:

Quite so! And that is an excellent point to make. I was simply replying to the post in particular.

lordlife wrote:
Here is a test to see if by God's standards (the 10 Commandments) you are good enough to get into Heaven. Have you ever lusted after another person? Then according to Jesus [Matthew 5:28] you've broken God's commandment 'Thou shalt not commit adultery'. Have you ever stolen anything - the value doesn't matter? Then according to God's Law, you are a thief because He says, "Thou shalt not steal". If you have even hated someone in your heart, then you are a murderer (1 John 3:15). So in God's sight because we have broken His commands, we stand Him as lying, thieving, adulterers...and we've only tested ourselves on 3 of the 10 Commandments!!

And it appears Pastor Dan's been paying attention to Ray Comfort's excellent tips on witnessing! While I have some reservations to his "Comfort-able King James Version" -- even while appreciating his sense of humor in that -- I do think in the main the many witnessing and apologetics tips / articles in his Evidence Bible is great.

Truth -- Bible truth -- certainly separates. As it should. But it can also unify, as here. As it should! Way to go Pastor Dan!

If you'd like to explore the Evidence Bible for yourself, check out this link: [url]http://www.evidence
+(234)803 338 7974
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shinasc_embassy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Blessings Reply with quote

Yes lordLife and Shumer,
You are all right.

A pastor or a member or other religion on the earth who is not born anew is just the same as the muslim faithfuls,cos your doing good cannot get you over there to heaven.
Of course that is self righteousness,and the Gospel of Jesus Christ -Christianity is more than religion it is REALITY.

But the Muslims tell us no matter how you try to share the truth with them ,they tell you God is One.

In Hausa they Spell God :Allah, so the Islam spell God Allah,but the Pronounciation is different,that only those who Listen discerningly will hear the Difference in Vowel sounds.

Everlastingly in Him.
+(234)803 338 7974
Shumer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Muslims go to Heaven? Reply with quote

shinasc_embassy wrote:

Well, I can't speak for Pastor Dan, but I've been bought with the blood and I'm not my own -- 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Godís.

Though I suspect Pastor Dan is born again also.

As to apologetic help in your witness to Muslims, here's one web site I highly recomend: http://answering-islam.org.uk/

Blessings...
granite777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: WILL MUSLIMS MAKE HEAVEN? Reply with quote

Is it not true that God would have all who accept Christ as personal savior and Lord enter into heaven? Then why not a Muslim. Can a Muslim not be converted also?

Jesus also speaks of the many that are called and the few that are chosen. The many that will say Lord, Lord. And He will say He never new them. Is it really our place to say who will be saved and accepted into heaven? God is no respecter of persons and we can not be so vain as to second guess His plan for anyone or any people.

Since our relationship with God through Jesus Christ is personal, we must work out our own salvation and not fall into the snare of judging others. Simply present the good news of salvation through Jesus our Lord with a pure heart. The seed once planted will not come back void. Always remembering, God is in control and we are but His servants. Go and preach the gospel and leave the rest to our heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

AMEN ???

For more on this, go to http://www.harvest-time.us
isaiah4110

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Will muslims make it to heaven? Reply with quote

Amen granite...but the moment of belief, if true change of heart has taken place,they are now christians. Not muslims or athiests or buddhists or confuciousismists Confused Rolling Eyes (yes i know thats not a word)My point is with the changing of your heart comes the regeneration of your mind and the renewal of your soul.

Quote:
Hear and give ear: do not be proud, for the Lord has spoken. Give glory to the Lord your God before He causes darkness, and before your feet stumble on the dark mountains, and while you are looking for light, He turns it into the shadow of death and makes it dense darkness. But if you will not hear it, my soul will weep in secret for your pride; my eyes will weep bitterly and run down with tears, because the Lord's flock has been taken captive. Jeremiah 13:15-17

Shumer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: WILL MUSLIMS MAKE HEAVEN? Reply with quote

granite777 wrote:
Is it not true that God would have all who accept Christ as personal savior and Lord enter into heaven? Then why not a Muslim. Can a Muslim not be converted also?

Jesus also speaks of the many that are called and the few that are chosen. The many that will say Lord, Lord. And He will say He never new them. Is it really our place to say who will be saved and accepted into heaven? God is no respecter of persons and we can not be so vain as to second guess His plan for anyone or any people.

Since our relationship with God through Jesus Christ is personal, we must work out our own salvation and not fall into the snare of judging others. Simply present the good news of salvation through Jesus our Lord with a pure heart. The seed once planted will not come back void. Always remembering, God is in control and we are but His servants. Go and preach the gospel and leave the rest to our heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

AMEN ???
I guess I'm a bit unclear on this.

Are you saying that it's judgemental to agree with God, as I quoted above, such as what Peter says in Acts 4:12, or more to the point, what Jesus Himself says in John 14:6? That only those who are born again by the vicarious atonement of the blood of the Cross of Christ will be saved and go to Heaven?

Going back to the original point of this thread: the question was will Muslims go to Heaven. The short answer is no, not without being born again / believers in Christ Jesus, according to the Word. And that was what I was trying to respond to.

I am also glad the Word makes our responsibility clear -- 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Note that it tells us we must be ever ready, and we do that by sanctifying the Lord in our hearts. And then it tell us that we are to give an answer -- not that we have to satisfy others, simply to tell who and what and how and why God has worked in our life, and how He can and wants to work in theirs. I am glad to leave it to God to convict and convince the unsaved -- John 16:7-15 -- to draw them to Himself if they are willing to repent and believe the Gospel [Mark 1:14-15].

And yes, that includes a Muslim...anyone who has not been born again.

I agree that only God knows the heart. Scripture makes that clear in many places, such as 1 Sam. 16:7 and Luke 6:8 and Luke 18:9-14. It's not our job to "judge" others in that way. But Jesus Himself also said we are to -- John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

I simply do not see that it is either inconsistent or incongruent with the point that we are to obey God when He says -- Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. -- and at the same time agree with all of God's truth, including the facts contained in Scripture such as Acts 4:12 or John 14:6 -- ESPECIALLY when it's Jesus Himself speaking.

That's part of every pastor's job, just like Paul who made it a point to remind the elders of Ephesus in his farewell to them -- Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Blessings...
lordlife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinshima wrote:
"But how can we convert the Muslims to the Truth-JesusChrist?
Everlastingly in Him."

Sometimes we feel a large burden for those who are unconverted. God has changed our hearts and we love others, especially those who are close to us, and we want them to be saved. Isn't it amazing how God so changes our sin-hardened hearts to have love and concern for others?!!!

But I hope that you will take comfort in the fact that it is not your job to convert someone to Christ - that is the Holy Spirit's job. We're called only to be witnesses of Christ, to preach what what God has done, to shine our light for Christ...but conversion is something that only the Holy Spirit can do. "no one can say 'Jesus is Lord' except by the Holy Spirit" 1 Corinthians 12:3. The Bible says that we are born 'dead in trespasses' (Ephesians 2:1). Only God has the power to bring the spiritually dead to life - just as He graciously brought you and me (and Pastor Shumer!) to a living faith in Christ.

So keep being God's tool as he works through you, knowing that He is using you for His purposes, even when it may seem on the surface that nothing is happening in your witnessing! Be a faithful witness, share the Gospel with others, pray for their salvation, but rest in the knowledge that it is not your responsibility to bring the conversion - only God can do that. I hope that brings you peace and encouragement!

love in Christ,
Pastor Dan McQuality
Lord of Life Lutheran Church (ELS)
Holland, Michigan
www.lordlife.org
shinasc_embassy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Pastor Dan, Reply with quote

Thanks Pastor Dan,

I quite agree with you on no one converts a person ,it is the acts of the Holy Spirit.

There are situations where u are confronted with Cutlasses and other weopons that one shold pack and leave the community ,that you are not welcomed in this community,they chase you off.

what do you do?
+(234)803 338 7974
Shumer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Muslims going to Heaven? Reply with quote

Good answer, Pastor Dan. That's exactly the point of 1 Peter 3:15.

Shinasc, speaking for myself, if the situation is life threatening, I would consider serving the Lord somewhere else for the time being until the Lord opens another door, so that you live another day.

There are situations where the Lord may call you Home -- eg: Australian missionary Graham Staines and his sons in India, burned alive in their car by zealous Hindus.

But I think more often than not God gives protection to help enable us to live for Him. So move and live to "go ye" another day. The Lord may be gracious to allow you back there one day.

Blessings...
isaiah4110

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Will muslims go to heaven? Reply with quote

Shinasc,sometimes you should stay when common sense says run.For example, Paul and Silas were beaten and thrown into the inner prison.Their feet fastened in stocks. Not a nice place to be.(open sewer,worst of the worst criminals,that type of thing) At midnight they were singing hymns and praises to God and the foundations of the jail were shaken and all doors were open and their chains were loosed.Here's the kicker-they didn't run away and neither did the prisoners they had been witnessing to.Paul said to the jailer do no harm to yourself for we are all here.The jailer got saved as a result and perhaps many seeds were planted.

Knowing when to run is the key.When I learned to listen for God's voice in the small things I started to hear it in the big things.God is with you at all times the Holy Spirit will guide you if you let Him.(Hey, I sound like a preacher) Mr. Green
shinasc_embassy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: What a Nice day... Reply with quote

Isaish ,
I see the Preacher man coming out of you,You are already preaching ha ha Laughing Laughing ,go on Man of God.

Yes Shumer ,i agree with both of you.there are times to run, not b/c you are afriad,even if you are ,fear not.for He is with you Isaiah 41:10.

Really Shumer and Isaiah and others, I just had to share this truth with you a little about my conversion.
I was formerly a muslim b4,Jesus Christ appeared to me Open Vision,in a musque,iwas raised up to become an Imam, Oneday JesusChrist Entered the Mosque,i saw him,He was so real that as i write this now i sense His Awesome Presence the same way i had when He met me.
His Eyes where as Flaming Fire,Smoke came out of His Nostril,His Hair was as white as Snow,His Feet was filled with Glorious Smoke.
He showed me His pierced Hands,and spoke softly to me "I DID THIS FOR YOU, GO TELL THE WORLD I AM REAL",It was Since that Encounter,I have not been the same.
He saved me healed me from a chronic disease.
I will forever be great full,keep praying for me,,Ever since,he keeps appearing to me teaching me the Truth,about himself.
I just felt led to share my encounter with His Majesty,My Lord (Adonai) Jesus Christ
Hope you dont mind Brethren,

But i must confess ,somtimes it was not easy to be around ,cos you become a hunted prey for those who refuse the truth you got,and hence the weapons against you,but like Paul and Silas ,i've seen worst situations but im greatful to God He keep Keeping me alive.
keep praying for me.
+(234)803 338 7974
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> OCC Fellowship All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: