MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat option
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Places to Go, Sites to See
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIG_MINISTRIES wrote:
Why not put this in the OCC Survey next month and then OCC will know what is the best day and time to meet in chat for everyone? Just a thought! Very Happy

We could put it in the November survey, but the survey goes for a month and results would not be available until December, so the chat would not happen until December.

What we really need to make this happen is for a bunch of people to post the dates/times in 1 hour blocks they would be available to chat, and post the topics they would be most interested in discussing.

We will want to discuss topics that appeal to as many OCC webmasters as possible. The things we all have in common include our Chrstian faith, our roles as webmasters, and world events. Therefore, the issues that would probably have the broadest appeal to OCC webmasters would be:

- How to best use your OCC website to reach non-believers
- How to best use your OCC website to disciple Christian believers
- How to best use your OCC website to communicate and build community within your Christian ministry.
- The Christian opinion/response to world events
- Helping fellow Christians with issues or problems they are struggling with

I am not a big fan of chatting about theological issues because a) the issues are too complex to be discussed in one sentence fragments, and b) people usually come in with their minds made up and leaves with the same opinion and so there isn't much benefit to it.

So, let's here some dates/times and topics!

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Jeremiah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday evening would be good - topic = What are you currently teaching/preaching? - works for me - anybody else?
JIG_MINISTRIES
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal experience over the past 6 years of doing chatrooms is that the top topics are about Prophecy, Endtimes, Godhead, World Events, Politics and Religion.
Jeremiah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what if we discuss something along that line - by looking at what the Bible says about "Mystery Babylon?" - I have traced the references to "the great city" and it appears to come uip with Jerusalem as being the
city it is talking about.
Shumer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIG_MINISTRIES wrote:
Why not put this in the OCC Survey next month and then OCC will know what is the best day and time to meet in chat for everyone? Just a thought! Very Happy

Excellent idea. But based on the responses I still think offering 2 or 3 official chats would be good. And they could be publicized via the forum so it appears on the web masters web sites.

Blessings!
God answer's knee-mail "Set your affection on things above" [Col. 3:2]
JIG_MINISTRIES
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremiah wrote:
Well, what if we discuss something along that line - by looking at what the Bible says about "Mystery Babylon?" - I have traced the references to "the great city" and it appears to come uip with Jerusalem as being the
city it is talking about.

Jeremiah, you are absolutely correct.
Shumer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt wrote:
I am not a big fan of chatting about theological issues because a) the issues are too complex to be discussed in one sentence fragments, and b) people usually come in with their minds made up and leaves with the same opinion and so there isn't much benefit to it.

Kurt, that's what I was trying to say. You just said it better. But I still think a more Bible centered chat can be useful. A lot of it depends on the chatters, I think. The subjects you suggest could be very helpful also.

As I say, I think if individuals wish to sponsor a chat for an hour or so, that can be fruitful too. But someone has to have some authority used with discretionary wisdom for some who might get out of hand or out of line. That is sad to say, but practically necessary.

Bottom line, I hope some chats go forward, and that I can be available to stop in and add to it.
God answer's knee-mail "Set your affection on things above" [Col. 3:2]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Places to Go, Sites to See All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: