MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Make Great Use of Others' Forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Marketing & Search Engine Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Make Great Use of Others' Forums Reply with quote

March is Forums month at OurChurch.Com. Even if you don't have forums on your own website, every webmaster can benefit from participating in well-trafficed forums that are related to your website. In this topic we're going to discuss how to make the most of other sites' forums to build credibilty and visitors for your own website.

- Have you got any advice you can offer other webmasters as to promote your website through forums?

- Have you got any questions or issues you'd like to hear from others on?

Last edited by pdstein on Wed May 09, 2007 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
outpost8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- Have you got any advice you can offer other webmasters as to promote your website through forums?

The following suggestion is taken directly (except our italics) from Step 10-Online Grapevine-in 'Website Marketing From OurChurch.Com'-http://www.12stepstoasuccessfulwebsite.com/

Quote:
Participate in discussion groups (forums) on related sites. Know anyone with a message board or chat room? Check them out and see what's happening with their site visitors. Join as a member of the message board and add your URL to your online signature. It will be attached to every post you make.

We worked carefully through all 12 steps when we were building our site, and twice after it was built. By the grace of God, we have thousands of hits every month. We took this suggestion in Step 10 seriously, and we're sure that by participating in forums with comments, prayers, excerpts from writings, etc., and adding our URL, many have been directed by God to visit His site and are blessed, encouraged and convicted by the Holy Spirit by what they read there.

We thank God for OCC--for the variety of forums that are available, and also for the many ways that OCC helps us to improve and promote the website that God has given us to send forth His Word to the nations.
Dear LORD God, let there be light!

In the unity of Christ,
outpost8
www.harvestministry.us
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outpost8, thanks for your message. It's awesome to hear about all the people who are visiting your website, and very encouraging to all of us at OurChurch.Com to hear that we've been a help to you in that.

Even though we believe in the concepts and strategies explained in the http://www.12StepsToASuccessfulWebsite.com site, we have not received a lot of feedback. So, it's great to hear from someone who has read it, applied its principles, and can attest to the fact that they work!

- Paul
webhosting

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Need Advise Reply with quote

I need your more advise "How to get more traffic for new website".

Regards,

Richard D.
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

There are several ways that you can market your website from traditional marketing strategies like tv, radio and print to online marketing strategies like online advertising and search engine marketing. As Paul and Outpost8 were discussing, the http://www.12StepsToASuccessfulWebsite.com tutorial has a lot of great tips designed to help you create and market a successful website. That would be a good place to start.

OurChurch.Com also offers several online advertising

http://www.ourchurch.com/advertising/

and search engine marketing services

http://marketing.ourchurch.com/

which can help you get the word out about your website and increase your traffic from the search engines. I encourage you to check out these services as they can greatly help you with your website marketing.

I also did want to point out a few things about your wesite. I am assuming you are refering to the christian-single.co.nr website which you posted about in another section of these forums. I visited the site and, if I may be honest, there doesn't seem to be much to it. It looks like you signed up for several affiliate programs and have just created a site for putting links to those affiliate sites. I didn't see any real content. As you'll see from step 1 in the 12 steps tutorial, determining the purpose for your website and why someone else would want to visit your site is crucial to the success of your website. Your website needs to be valuable to others. So the first thing I would recommend is to go through the 12 step tutorial and determine what you can offer on your website that would make it something people would want to visit.

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
mrLenin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to thank you for great topics and advices.
lesterj
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mrLenin,

Thank you for the kind words. We're happy to be able to provide advice and answer questions. We are greatful for continued and increased participation in these forums by members like yourself and are humbled by how the Lord is working through the many ministries who we are able to serve.

God Bless!

In His Service,
Kurt Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Marketing & Search Engine Services All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: