MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request your free professional website review
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> General Internet, Computer, and Communication Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Request your free professional website review Reply with quote

We’ve been trying all kinds of new things here at OurChurch.Com with the goal of helping you communicate more effectively online. Today I’m excited to announce another experiment towards that goal.

Wednesday Website Reviews

Every Wednesday, starting January 13, we are going to post a review of a website on our Christian Web Trends blog.

Honest feedback is very important to improving a website. Unfortunately honest feedback is very difficult to get because few people want to risk hurting anybody’s feelings. So, once a week we are going to give one of you honest feedback about your site, and we’ll invite other readers to offer their feedback as well.

If you really want to improve your website and your online communications in 2010, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss out on.

Here are the rules and review request guidelines:

A) If you’d like us to consider posting a review of your website, you must start by posting a request as a reply to this forum topic. In that message, you need to answer the following 9 questions, which will help us do a better review.

1) Your name
2) The name of your organization
3) The URL of the site you’d like reviewed
4) What did you use to create the site? (Dreamweaver? HTML? An online web builder? Paid a designer to create it for you?)
5) Who is the target audience of your website? People already involved in your organization? Prospective buyers? Teens? Their parents?
6) What are you trying to accomplish with your website?
7) What is your 2010 budget for your website?
8) What if any goals have you set for your website in 2010.
9) Why do you want a professional review of your website?

If you don’t answer all 9 questions, your site will not be considered.

B) We will not review free, ad-supported sites, even those hosted by OurChurch.Com. Sorry, but if you can’t scrounge up $5-$10 a month into your site to pay for hosting, I question you’re commitment to having a quality site.

C) You must post a meaningful comment to the blog during the previous week. The idea behind the Wednesday Website Reviews (and Christian Web Trends as a whole) is that we as a community help each other get better at online communications. That means you’re not just receiving but also contributing. So, if you want to be considered for next week’s review, post a meaningful comment to any of this week’s posts. If you’re site is not reviewed next week, you must post a meaningful comment next week to be considered for the following week. Cool?

D) You must be able to handle constructive criticism. We are going to try our best to speak the truth in love and not hold anything back.

That’s it.

If you have any comments or questions post them below or to the blog. If not, we hope you’ll participate and both request a review and comment on the review of other sites.

Last edited by pdstein on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
revmata3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Free Review of Website Reply with quote

Pastor Kevin Matthews
Foundation of Faith Ministries
www.foundationfaith.com
ourchurch.com web builder
general public and those we meet/send to get more info on us
exposure to/goals/purpose of ministry
150.00...right now
just thinking we need to update/change
to get an honest response
pb062384

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Free Professional Review Reply with quote

I would appreciate it if you would review my church web site.

1. Pastor Bob Beal
2. The ARK Church of God
3. www.thearkcog.org
4. An online web builder?
5. We are trying to reach people of all ages
6. We are trying to reach people looking for a Church Home and promote our ministries.
7. What is your 2010 budget for your website? As economical as possible.
8. What if any goals have you set for your website in 2010. Not sure.
9. Why do you want a professional review of your website?
I am new to using a website and would like help on doing a better job with it.
manukahas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: free professional review thingy Reply with quote

1) R. Joseph Owles
2) The Kingdom of God Christian Community
3) www.kogcc.net
4) ourchurch.com hosting
5) That's the tricky question. Non-committed Christians and those who aren't Christian or were at one time but have ventured away.
6) I want the website to grow into a fully functional church--online church for an online community of faith.
7) whatever i can scrounge together
Cool to have video worship posted, adapting the sermon and readings week to week; and have an online bible study via skype or yahoo chat or something.
9) I want to know what is limiting my church's online growth. is it merely lack of advertizement, or is the format undermining the goal.
grovechurch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: website review Reply with quote

1. Your name - Justin Grice
2. The name of your organization - The Grove Church
3. The URL of the site you’d like reviewed - http://grovechurch.com
4. What did you use to create the site? We used wordpress with a graphic artist for parts of the site.
5. Who is the target audience of your website? Prospective church guests/members
6. What are you trying to accomplish with your website? - get people to take the jump and visit
7. What is your 2010 budget for your website? - $50 a month (ish)
8. What if any goals have you set for your website in 2010. - Moving up in google and more social network interactivity)
9. Why do you want a professional review of your website? We are a church plant and need to get our name out there. One of the main ways we are doing that is by spreading our website around. Since this is so key for us, we need a quality, functional website.
manukahas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is the blog on which i must post a meaningful comment?
manukahas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind, web trends. duh. i can be quite the dunce sometimes.
wesage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Free professional review Reply with quote

Warren Sager
Scripts By Warren
http://www.scriptsbywarren.com
Studio 11 Productions (web builder/host)
Churches, Christian Schools, Drama groups, Christian Theater groups, Home School groups, Youth groups.
Making a living and meeting our basic needs.
$500-$600 a year... not really sure.
Main goal is to increase traffic and revenue as our total income from the web site has remained pretty much the same for the past three years.
I think a review from someone who knows web sites, studies them and builds them would be very helpful as I do most of the upkeep and changes to the site myself. I have already received a lot of good information from reading the blogs and especially the helpful ideas on how to improve a web site. I signed up for the free review last year, but didn't get it. I also write custom scripts as well as selling scripts on the site. The custom writing has decreased substantially in recent years, but year end totals remain the same, which tells me that sales of scripts have increased a little.
Bibleseo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Your name
Christian Amit
2. The name of your organization
BibleSEO (Bible Study Exposition Online)
3. The URL of the site you’d like reviewed
http://bibleseo.com
4. What did you use to create the site? (Dreamweaver? HTML? Wordpress? An online web builder? Paid a designer to create it for you?)
Wordpress
5. Who is the target audience of your website? People already involved in your organization? Prospective buyers? Teens? Their parents?
Christian Bible Study Groups, Youth group, Personal bible study
6. What are you trying to accomplish with your website?
Offer free, inductive bible study resources for small group discussions
7. What is your 2010 budget for your website?
Very minimal at this time.
8. What if any goals have you set for your website in 2010.
Provide original, free bible studies, Increase viewership and exposure, Connect with other websites offering similar content
9. Why do you want a professional review of your website?
It can provide honest, helpful review which can help me improve overall quality.
doneduncan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Request for a free Professional website review Reply with quote

My name is Don Duncan with Free Bible Downloads our URL is
freebibledownloads.org. I had you fellows make the site for me. My target audience is anyone that has a computer with internet capabilities. Saved or unsaved. It is not necessarily a evangelistic site but anyone can glean from it. We are trying to feed the body of Christ and give hope to anyone that is curious about the Bible. We are not trying to raise funds or promote any church. Our budget for 2010 is $948 but we are willing to spend more to acomplish our objectives effectively. Our goals for the site is to increase hits and downloads over 100% I want a professional review of this website because I am so ignorant about what it takes to make a website like this successful!I need advise and counsel even if it is difficult to hear.DD
pb062384

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Web site Reply with quote

I agree with the comment about paying at least something for a good web site. I have found in the past that if people take ownership of something that they treat it with more respect. We are a very small mission church and I along with many other pastors I believe serve without getting a salary. I know that God will provide all of my need and that is why we need to be good stewards of what He has given us. As I tell my people if we are going to do something for God and in His name then we should do it the best way we can. We don't always need the best but we do need to be the best we can be. Any outreach is only as successful as the effort that we put into it.

Grace to you,
PB
ktbministries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Website review Reply with quote

I would appreciate a review of our website.

1. Ken Bain
2. kTb Ministries
3. http://www.ktbministries.org
4. NE1 builder, Constant Contact
5. Native American Missions, missionaries, Great Commission Partners, Seekers.
6. Inform, Inspire, reach the lost, develop Great Commission Partners.
7. Very limited funds as well as time, perhaps $500.
8. The surprisingly large number of hits we are blessed with makes me know that the site needs to move toward becoming a tool for evangelism.
9. My only experience in webcasting is in this website. Sometimes it is hard to see the forest in the shadows of all the trees.
samdgrant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Website review Reply with quote

1) Sam Grant (Web Admin)
2) Boundless Grace Church
3) http://www.boundlessgracechurch.com
4) Incomedia WebSite X5
5) The community, our church family.
6) To reach, to inform, evangelism.
7) Currently under review - last year we spent about $200.
Cool Want to move it to a more secure hosting company and improve the media (audio and video) features. Integrate the blog.
9) We are ready to take the website to the next step. We have done all we can do with what we had.
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grove Church's website was selected for this week's Wednesday Website Weview. You all can view the review at:

Wednesday Website Weview - The Grove Church, Hattiesburg, MS

Justin, congrats! We hope you and your church find the review helpful.

Everyone else, we hope you'll post your thoughts in the comments. Remember we'll do another review next week, but in order to be considered you must post a meaningful comment to a blog article sometime during this week.

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
wayfinder378

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANSWERS TO OCC QUESTIONNAIRE ON WEBSITE REVIEW
1. Your name: John H. DiBautista
2. The name of your organization: The Good Way Mission
3. The URL of the site you’d like reviewed: www.thegoodway.info
4. What did you use to create the site? (Dreamweaver? HTML? Wordpress? An online web builder? Paid a designer to create it for you?): I used the NE1 website builder and designed and built the website myself using the templates that are available at OurChurch.Com.
5. Who is the target audience of your website? People already involved in your organization? Prospective buyers? Teens? Their parents?: My target audience are the “lost sheep” in the whole world (as far as I can reach), by my serving as a steward for the Good Shepherd. The people involved in the Good Way Mission are some laity and clergy in my Church and my immediate family.
6. What are you trying to accomplish with your website?: I want to disseminate the good information about Christianity as our Lord Jesus expounded it to us and as He intended for us to do in compliance with His Great Commission.
7. What is your 2010 budget for your website?: My budget for the current year 2010 is no more than PHP10,000.00 (equivalent to about US$200.00). This is a flexible budget that could be adjusted upwards as circumstances and needs warrant and dictate.
8. What, if any, goals have you set for your website in 2010?: My goal for 2010 is to convince as many “lost sheep” as possible (probably in at least a number of two digits for 2010) to return to the Good Sheepfold for the sake of saving their own souls as our Lord Jesus desires.
9. Why do you want a professional review of your website?: I am not quite adept at website design and I want to know from experts how I can improve the website to propound The Good Way and attract more readers who, hopefully, may also help us in funding this endeavor to meet all the required and necessary expenses. I realize that any income that may be realized from this endeavor will be shared proportionately with the OCC as our partner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> General Internet, Computer, and Communication Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: