MyOCC Login

Username:
Password:
Christian Forums, Christian Message Boards, Christian Discussion Forums
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New NE1 Templates for July 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: New NE1 Templates for July 2008 Reply with quote

Hello NE1 users,

We've got another 5 new NE1 templates available now, 2 we created ourselves and 3 courtesy of other developers (which require a link back to their sites).

The 2 templates we created...

1) Fruit of the Spirit - This colorful template includes a scripture reference to Galatians 5:22-23 and a vertical menu on the right side.

2) The Lord is My Shepherd - This attractive template features a beautiful pasture in the header and of course alludes to Psalm 23.

The other 3 templates we've added are "linkware," which means they are free to use, but they include a link to the developer's website which cannot be removed.

3) Abscond - A simple template with top menu featuring a sunset over some trees.

4) Affection - The highlight of this elegant template is the yellow butterfly resting on a pink flower in the template header.

5) Bipolar - This simple-looking template has little twist - 2 frames. This keeps the menu on the left fixed in place while visitors scroll down to view the body of the pages on the right. It's a nice options for sites with a short navigation menu or long pages.

As you can see this set of templates has quite a bit of variety in terms of themes, color palettes, and menu types. We hope you find something you like.

What you think?

In His Service,
Paul Steinbrueck
OurChurch.Com
outpost8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're beautiful, OCC. Love the earth tones, the Scriptures, and the increase in side menus. Thanks, and God bless!

outpost8
www.harvestministry.us
pdstein
OCC Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment, outpost. Those are all goals of ours - more color variety, more scripture references, and more vertical/side menus. Glad you like them.

- Paul
OurGodReigns

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Love the new templates! Reply with quote

The new templates are wonderful! I am still working on getting switched over from Beacon - but - do you think in the future - you might be doing a template with "hearts" or something about "Love" or something having to do with "Teaching"?? Just some suggestions! Very Happy
CircleJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Templates! Reply with quote

Still hoping you guys come up with something soon with more of a western, cowboy, or rustic type flavor! I did an OCC search and there are many websites related to the western culture and/or cowboy churches on OCC. Im anxiously awaiting one of this type...I thank you in advance for all your hard work and dedication!

Webmaster
www.circlejcc.org
Thegloryland
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello CircleJ look like you also have cowgirls Wink

I visited your site and it look like you already have a Cowboy look.

I Could not see photos or any Bible study yet.

I image-an you are still building your site.
Cool

Take care from the glory land. Bible
"Follow me to The Glory Land"

http://thegloryland.com
Cherokee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Templates! Reply with quote

CircleJ wrote:
Still hoping you guys come up with something soon with more of a western, cowboy, or rustic type flavor! I did an OCC search and there are many websites related to the western culture and/or cowboy churches on OCC. Im anxiously awaiting one of this type...I thank you in advance for all your hard work and dedication!
CircleJ, In viewing your site it's very creative with your slideshows.

As a Beacon advocate because I prefer to make my own templates that everyone else isn't using. Rolling Eyes
I hope that soon not only will OCC come up with more cowboy quality backgrounds to use but also Smaller ones. Idea Although I may like OCC's templates many of the ones they've made are just too wide. I've tried several of them. A viewer has to slide the bottom bar to see the whole page and that is a turn-off.

www.ourchurch.com/member/d/DreamsCreated/
karlbeau
All-Star Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cherokee,

I wanted to be sure and respond to your post because your suggestion that the new NE1 templates are too wide is a common misconception among the newer NE1 users. The templates are actually quite narrow, but the number of menu items that are migrated from BEACON cause the template to "stretch" in order to accommodate them. The best answer to that problem is to create "sub-menus" so that the actual menu item is the main topic and several sub-topics show up when the mouse is rolled over the menu.

Here is a good example of what I am referring to:

http://familyofchristtampa.com/

Notice that when you move your mouse over the menu items, the sub-menu items appear. If all of these items were their own menu, you can imagine how wide the template would have to be.

I hope this helps to explain things. I am excited about our new templates and anticipate more and more as we move on.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Main Forum Page -> Website Hosting & NE1 Website Builder All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: